twelve

"Y/N??" you heard a voice say, "Are you okay?!"

You opened your eyes ever so slightly, everything around you blurry.

"Y/N??" you heard a familiar voice say.

"I'm fine" you winced, "My head hurts"

"Walker threw the shield at your head, you'll be fine," Bucky said, lifting you up and carrying you, bridal style.

You were too focused on the pounding you felt in your head, you hadn't even noticed it was Bucky talking to you.

He carried you all the way to the house.

He gently set you down on the couch and Sam walked over, handing you a bag of frozen peas.

"Thanks" you winced, the peas stinging your head's fresh bruise.

"Something's not right about Walker" Bucky sighed

"You don't say," you said with a slight laugh. John didn't seem stable enough to be chasing down Karli. In fact, he seemed angered.

He was far beyond angry.

In his frustration, you could tell how much he couldn't think. You could tell his head spiraled, trying to decide what to do. He is infuriated by the fact, that no one is taking him seriously as the New Captain America, there's nothing more to it. But a man like John, any man like him, they don't deserve respect or glorification.

He hit you in the head with his shield for crying out loud!

"Well, I know a crazy when I see one. Because I am crazy" Bucky said taking his jacket off.

You chuckled and looked over at Sam, who responded with, "Can't argue with that"

"You shouldn't have given him the shield"

"I didn't give it."

"Well, Steve definitely didn't"

Suddenly, Walker busts into the house. His face was red, redder than a fire hydrant.

"All right. That's it. Let's go. I'm now ordering you to turn her over to me,"

"Hey, slow your roll. Shield or no shield, the only thing you're runnin' in here is your mouth." Sam said, standing up from the table, "Now, I had Karli and you overstepped. Y/N has proven herself useful. We need her for whatever's comin' next"

"How do you want the rest of this conversation to go, huh? Yeah," Walker chuckled, "Should I put down the shield? Make it fair?"

Sam stared dead into Walker's eyes. Shit, it sent shivers up your spine.

The door then swung open again.

Three beautiful women walked through, their red traditional armor shined as they strutted into the place.

"Even if she is a means to your end... Time's up." the woman in the middle said, speaking Wakandan. She turned to you and spoke to Bucky, "Release her to us now"

You backed up, your arms out in defense. You didn't want to go back to prison. You've been frozen, snapped, jailed, etc. There's nothing more right now that you wanted more than your father.

You're scared and frankly, you don't think there's anything you can do but use your powers...if they get hostile...

"Hi. John Walker. Captain America. Well, let's, uh, put down the pointy sticks and we can talk this through, huh?" he said, looking down at the women.

"Hey, John, take it easy. You might wanna fight Bucky before you tangle with the Dora Milaje" Sam laughed

"The Dora Milaje don't have jurisdiction here..." he shrugged.