thirty-three

Five Months Later

"We should tell him," you said

"No"

"I wasn't asking, James. I'm going"

"Dad and I say no" Chase said, inputting his own opinion, his hands crossed over his chest.

"Chase, this is grown-up stuff. I have to go tell him"

Bucky leaned back on the kitchen table, both his arms and feet crossed. He has the most curious but hesitant look on his face.

"Я должен сказать отцу. Думаю, он был бы рад узнать, что станет дедушкой (I have to tell my father. I think he would be glad to know that he will become a grandfather.)" you said, your arms crossed as you impatiently tapped your foot on Bucky's wooden floor.

"You shouldn't be flying in and out of the country" Bucky protested, "I don't think it's such a good idea"

You had been insistent on traveling to Germany for the past weeks or so. You wished to tell your father about his soon-to-be grandchild, or at least his biological grandchild.

"He should know..." you mumbled, "Oeznik too..."

"What's in Germany anyway? I doubt there's a superhero headquarters there?"

"James-"

"I said no, Y/N. My child isn't going anywhere, and neither are you" he said, standing up from the chair and walking toward you.

"Do not tell me what I can and cannot do, James. Need I not remind you, I'm the one carrying it' you spat.

"I don't want you going near him. Because of him, Karli stole the book. His incompetence shows, for what it's worth"

"I'd watch what you say about my father. You know how I feel about your rude remarks!"

"I said what I said. I don't need to give you my reasoning"

"No, I think you do"

"Why's that?"

"James, I'm telling you I'm going to Germany! Whether you like it or not." you let out, almost screaming at him.

He didn't retaliate. He took a deep breath and before he could say anything you felt the baby kick.

Your hands flew to your stomach and you winced in pain. You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out, only an inaudible gasp.

"Y/N!" Bucky hurried, "Are you alright?"

"The baby...it's kick—OW!"

"Take a deep breath, my love. Here, hold my hand" he said, taking your hand in his. He carefully picked you up, bridal style, and placed you on the couch.

"I guess the baby doesn't like when you guys start arguing," Chase said, rolling his eyes as he put his small hand on your baby bump. "I think it's going to be a girl," he said, laying his little face on your baby bump.

Out of nowhere, the baby kicked so hard it hit Chase on the cheek, "OW! Uh, what the heck!" he gasped, his face showing great offense, "I know she did not just hit me!" he gasped, his small hands on his cheek as his mouth dropped wide open in disbelief.

"Oh my god! Are you ok-" you stopped mid-sentence and grabbed your stomach, "I think...I think it's pressing up against my ribs"

"Mom, can we get a cat?" Chase then asked

You squeezed Bucky's hand and felt tears swell in your eyes. Bucky's eyes widened as your grip tighten, "Y/N..." he nervous winced, "Real hand!"

"Uh-huh," you said, focusing on your breathing.