fourteen

The next day you awoke to the sound and laughters of AJ and Cass. You groggily sat up and turned to see Sam's nephews playing with the Sam's shield.

You lay on the couch for a bit watching them play. Cass held the shield as AJ imitated The Iron-Man, both of them making whooshing noises.

"Hey!" you then said.

"Go! Go!" AJ panicked, throwing the shield into its bag and then running away.

"Oh Hi, Y/N!" Cass said, running over to you. He climbed onto the couch and was about to start jumping when Bucky sat up.

"Hey!" he chuckled.

Cass smiled and said, "So you did talk to her!"

Bucky had slept on the couch with you. After he confessed his feelings to you, you couldn't help but stay closer to him.

So you asked him if he'd be willing to be with you for the night. And for the first time in a since you had been blipped back, neither you or Bucky had had a nightmare.

Bucky smiled as he laid his freshly opened eyes on you. Though your hair was messy and you were still groggy, you were the prettiest human ever.

"What a great day to start the day" he laughed as Cass jumped on the couch, "Looking at the prettiest girl in the world"

You blushed and smiled, "You don't look as bad as I imagined, Barnes" you said rolling your eyes.

"Cass! Get down from there!" Sarah yelled

Sam then walked out of his bedroom and yawned. "You too need a room. The couch might break" he chuckled

"Because of the arm" you sighed, "Too heavy"

"Actually-"

You cut Bucky off, "Nope, it's super heavy.", putting a finger to his lips.

Sam laughed.

You felt a little better about the whole situation. Suddenly, catching Karli was mere child's play, or so it seemed.

You had breakfast with Sam and his family.

Though the food wasn't five star, it tasted really good. You weren't even surprised, just by looking at Sarah you knew her food was great.

You excused yourself from the table and took a stroll down the lake. It was really beautiful.

You spent all day helping Sarah in the house. It was a little boring but in the afternoon you saw Bucky and Sam throwing the shield about.

"Thank you for the help, Y/N" Sarah sighed

"You're welcome" you replied, walking out of the back door. "Hey, Sam. James" you nodded

"Zemo, hey" Sam said, throwing the shield.

Bucky caught it with his metal arm, giving you a slight wink as you approached them.

"Think Karli's gonna throw in the towel?" you asked

"I think she's gonna double down. Any idea how to stop her?" Bucky said

"I got Joaquin working on something" Sam replied

"Can I talk to you, alone?" you asked Bucky.

"Yeah, of course" he smiled, handing Sam the shield.

You two walked for a bit in silence.

"I just wanted to let you know" you paused.

"What?" Bucky asked

"I'm catching a flight in a few hours, back to New York. I have...to fix something."