thirteen

You followed John to a big storage warehouse, leaving Sam and Bucky with the crowd of people.

"Walker..." you said

"You should see a medic, Zemo. You don't look so good" he replied

"John, stop!"

"What?!" he yelled. You flinched at his tone. No one has ever yelled that loud at you before.

The serum...you thought to yourself. It's corrupting him. It's bringing out all the worst and dark parts of him.

"You saw what happened! You know what I had to do!" he shouted, they echoed through the warehouse, "He almost killed Lemar!"

"BUT HE DIDN'T!" you shouted back, "I SAVED LEMAR. I WAS ALMOST CHOKED TO DEATH AND I SAVED YOUR BEST FUCKING FRIEND!"

"LEMAR ALMOST DIED, Y/N! HOW DO I TELL HIM THAT HE ALMOST DIED! THAT'S TRAUMATIZING!"

"I think Afghanistan was worse, don't you think?" you chuckled, "I'm just telling you. Don't go down that road. Believe me when I say it but, it doesn't end well"

"I'm not like you, Zemo." he says, "I'm not a criminal. My hard work got me to where I was!"

"Lemar is fine. Most that'll happen is he'll be on bed rest for a few days. A week at the least"

"This shouldn't have happened! IF HE HAD DIED, WHAT WOULD I HAVE TOLD HIS PARENTS!"

"STOP ACTING LIKE YOU'RE ABOVE ME AND LISTEN TO ME. I SAVED LEMAR AND IF THAT'S ALL YOU CARE ABOUT THEN YOU WOULDN'T BE ACTING LIKE A DAMN CHILD" you screamed.

"We could've been a team." he laughed. You swore that for a split second, he was crying.

"No, John." you said, "Not with your leadership, no" You paused for a moment. "You gotta give me the shield, man" you said, extending your hand out.

"Oh, so that's what this is" he laughed, "You almost got me!"

"You made a mistake, You don't—You do not want to do this"

"Yeah, I do" he smiled.

"John..."

"IT'S," he said, swinging his arm for a punch, "CAPTAIN..." You dodged his fists, not sure if you could keep up for long, "AMERICA!"

He then shoved you down, into a position where he could behead you as well.

He jumped but you rolled out of the way.

"WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME DO THIS?!" he screamed, throwing the shield.

You began fist fighting, his punches were much stronger than yours.

Blood poured out of your nose and mouth. John without a scratch, except for the blood on him, blood that belonged to the beheaded flag smasher.

You then shoved him back with your powers. You were no match for him even if you were super. You wish that you were strong enough to at least get the shield and run.

You then turned invisible, John swinging everywhere.

He looked like a lunatic, you giggled at the scene. He heard you, and swung, knocking you down once again.

"And this fight isn't even fair, Y/N" he laughed, stepping on your shoulder and leaning down to talk to you.

You winced in pain, "This isn't over" you said, grabbing him with your telekinesis.

"FUCK!" he yelled as you swung him around, knocking over small cranes and storage boxes. You let him go and he crashed into a wall, the shield leaving his grasp and rolling off.