Chapter 18

"Ooo, this is super cute," I smiled, examining a black chevron dress.

"Go try it on," Sophia answered, going through bathing suits.

"Why are you going looking for bathing suits in January?"

"That's when they're 50% off, smart one."

I chuckled, shaking my head.

I searched the store, in search of someone who could unlock a dressing room for me.

"May I have a dressing room please?" I asked the lady behind the counter.

She looked in her twenties, and had really pretty blonde hair with light blue eyes.

"Right this way," She said, moving from behind the counter

She unlocked the dressing room, offering me a smile before she left.

I striped my clothes off and threw on the dress. I looked at myself in the full-length mirror from different angles. The dress fit me perfectly. It was a little above mid thigh, but not to short.

I ventured out of the dressing room towards Sophia.

"What do you think?" I spun around a few times.

"I love it! I always knew I had great taste," she giggled, picking out a pink and black bikini, "Does this say Spring Break 2k15, or Summer 2k15?"

"Definitely Summer 2k15," I laughed.

She groaned, shoving the bathing suit back on the rack.

I rolled my eyes making my way back to the dressing room. I changed back into my clothes, then made my way towards the counter.

"That will be $19.30," the blonde lady told me, while putting my dress in a bag.

I handed her a twenty,"Keep the change," I added with a smile.

She returned the smile, handing me my bag, "Have a great day!"

I turned around, suddenly being slammed into a hard, warm body. A pair of arms caught me around my wait before I made contact with the floor.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so-so sorry," I stammered, not willing to look up at this strangers face.

He coughed, "Um, it's fine, Gabriella."

Okay, maybe this wasn't a stranger. This was a voice I knew to well. A voice I could hear from space if that was even possible.

I look up and found Rhyan's gaze.

I gulped.

He let go of me, and I took a few steps back. I looked down at my shoes, trying to ignore any eye contact.

There was an awkward silence that was gnawing at me viciously.

Was kissing me such a terrible thing?

I want to know how we went from being best friends, to mimes in a week. The kiss was everything I could have ever imagined, maybe even more then that. I was happy, until he backed off of me like I had herpies or something. 

I didn't know why he was ignoring me, but it hurt. I tried reaching out to him. I called, sent texts. I even went up to him at school once and he told he had to go right when I said hey. 

I couldn't break the silence and neither could he.

"Gabbie!" She Valorie threw her arms around me.

I hugged her back, my gaze still not meeting Rhyan's.

"Hey Val."

"Are you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost or something,"

"I'm fine." I let out.

She nodded slowly, "Well, I'll see you later, okay? I'm out buying a few things for Beth's birthday. Her party is tonight."

"Your cousin Beth? The one that looks exactly like you?"

"That's the one."

"Well, let her know I said happy birthday."

"Why don't you tell her yourself?" Valorie pulled a pink envelop out of her bag, handing it to me.

The envelop had my name written in really pretty cursive hand writing.

I sighed.

If I went to this party, Rhyan was gonna be there. I honestly didn't know if I was gonna be ready to face him. I was obviously wasn't ready this go round.

"I don't know if I can make it on such short notice," I lied, "Me and Sophia are gonna go see a movie."

"Sophia's going to the party too, Gabbie. We all got invited."

I nodded slowly, looking over at Rhyan for the first time since our collision.

He was starring at me, his face black and expressionless. What was he thinking?

I know what I have to do to find out.

I took a deep breath, looking back at Valorie, "What time's the party?"