Chapter 34

I woke up feeling warm, blissful even.

It took me a moment to wake up enough to figure out why. Under me sound asleep, was Jake. My arms were wrapped around him, with my hands tucked snugly under his back.

My head was lying on his shoulder, while his head gently rested against the top of mine and his left arm was holding me close.

It takes me a moment to notice my surroundings, but I realize we're outside on the pallets. The bowl of popcorn had been knocked over, there were empty caned drinks sprawled over the lawn and pillows everywhere.

Oops.

I smile, traveling back in time to last night in my head.

After the movie, we had a popcorn fight. I got really thirsty so at two a.m. we drove to Walmart and bought a 24-pack of Dr.Pepper.

We drank the soda like it was water, feeling more awake than you should at 3 am. We were so jittery, we played hide and seek, tag, had a pillow fight and ended the night by laying in the grass and gazing at the stars.

I looked up at Jake's face and smiled at his boyish features. He really hadn't changed a bit. His long lashes brushed his cheeks and his lips were parted slightly as he sleeps.

I shift a bit and realize I'm laying on his bare chest. I sit up quietly, and find my eyes wandering over his muscular body.

I remember him saying something about how hot it was, so he lost his shirt.

Holy crap.

His chest was built. His lower abdomen had six perfect squares in rows of two, that I was so tempted to touch, but I shook my head, clearing my thoughts.

I took a moment to glance at his arms. They were very muscular and in great shape. I looked at his tattoos on his right arm, that started at his wrist and stopped a little before his elbow.

I ran my fingers over them gently, feeling his decorated skin. I looked at all the designs painted on his arm in awe.

"It just feels like skin," I heard him say, in a sleepy voice.

"Did it hurt?" I asked, still touching the art.

"Like hell." He groaned, as if he was reliving the moment.

I laughed, laying my hand on his bare chest.

"Last night was-"

"Amazing." He finished, in a breath.

We both laughed, and he kissed my forehead. He then wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly.

He rested his head, on the top of mine and let out a deep slow breath of relaxation.

"I probably look a mess right now," I pouted, puckering my bottom lip.

I felt him shake his head, "You're breathtaking."

"Oh hush," I mumbled, "You're only saying that because I'm your girlfriend."

"And you're only not agreeing with me because I'm your boyfriend." He said, trying to sound whiny.

"I hate you," I grumbled.

He let out chuckle, hugging me tighter, "I love you too, Princess."

~*~

"You look beautiful!" Danielle bubbled, from behind me.

Her reflection smiled at me in the mirror, flashing me her silver braces.

"All thanks to you." I smiled at her.

"You make it easy," she placed her arms on my shoulders.