Chapter 32

"So you don't want to go to the party, but you have too?" Jake asked, as he walked me to my door.

We were hand in hand, taking our time to get to the door. Jake had agreed to be my date to Valorie's party. I knew he wouldn't mind, but I didn't wanna spring it on him last minute.

"Yes," I answered, for the hundredth time.

"Ah. That makes total sense."

When we arrived at my door, we turned to face each other as Jake reached for my other hand.

"You're an idiot," I teased.

"That really hurt my feelings," he whined, puckering his bottom lip.

I laughed, as stood on my tip toes and kissed him softly.

"Are your feelings still hurt?" I mumbled, with a grin.

He nodded, bringing his lips to mine once more.

We kissed a lot, and to be honest I wasn't complaining. I had gotten surprisingly good at it in a short amount of time. Maybe it's because I'm working with a pro, who knows.

"I gotta go and get ready for this surprise date you've planned for," I mumbled, against his lips.

He groaned, ignoring my statement.

"Jake," I pulled away, and he pressed his forehead against mine.

Our eyes were locked, and it was impossible to break away. I mean, who would want to look away from Jake Carter?

"What should I wear?" I whispered, biting my lip.

"Nothing to fancy. Something casual would be perfect. Oh, and I wouldn't recommend shorts. Or crop tops."

"But I really wanted to wear my high wasted shorts. Those are my favorite." I whined.

"Mine too," he mumbled, with a grin.

I rolled my eyes. 

"You're something else." I teased, "Love me?"

"Always," he whispered, pressing his lips on my cheek softly, "I'll be back in a bit."

He ran his thumb over my lips, before walking to his car. I watched him pull out of my driveway before I ran upstairs. I striped off my clothes and hoped in the shower.

I admired the way the warm water felt against my skin. It was really soothing, especially after a long day.

I did all my hygiene stuff, which included shaving, and after twenty minutes I was nice and clean.

I wrapped a white towel around me, as I ventured into my bedroom. I plugged up my wand, allowing it to heat up, as I walked into my closet.

After I'd dried off, I changed into a flowy maroon shirt, brown boots and black leggings. I walked over to my mirror, and applied light make-up. I added some jewelry; pearl earrings, a cute necklace, and some bracelets.

As I was making my way down the stairs, my phone began to ring. I looked at the screen and swiped it to answer.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," Sophia demanded.

"Hello to you too?"

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a apple out of the fruit bowl.

"You ditched us at lunch."

"Ditched is such a  strong word."

"Who did you sit with at lunch?" 

"Jake," I stated, obviously.