Chapter 19

"Why did you fail to mention that we got invited to a party tonight?" I mumbled, looking out the window.

"I thought you knew." Sophia turned the radio down.

"Well I didn't," I snapped, "A heads up would have been nice."

She sighed, "I'm sorry. At least now you know so we can go."

I shrugged.

I wonder if he will even acknowledge my presence. I should just keep my distance and try to enjoy myself for the time being.

I felt my phone vibrating in my wristlet.

Jake: Change of plans. Can we meet tonight instead of tomorrow? Something came up.

"Everything okay?"

I nodded, "Jake just wants to meet tonight instead of tomorrow."

Sophia took the next exit, stopping at a red light, "Well why don't you guys meet up after the party? It's Saturday and staying up a little later then usual isn't gonna hurt."

"Do you really think he will come over my house at two in the morning to work on a stupid project?"

"Why don't you invite him to the party? Like, as your date?"

Jake Carter as my date? I can barely handle him as my partner.

"No way. He doesn't want me as a friend, why would he want to be seen with me at a party?"

Smile by R5 cut through the moment.

I answered the my phone, not bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Thanks for texting me back." Jake grumbled.

"I forgot."

"Look, I know I might be asking for to much, but something came up and I won't be able to meet tomorrow."

"Oh."

"So, what do you say?"

I sighed, looking over at Sophia. "How would you like to go to party tonight?"

~*~

"Hurry up, Gabbie, we gotta go!" Sophia shouted from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back, throwing on a pair of white heels.

I was wearing a black skirt that went a little over mid-thigh, knitted floral tights, and a white blouse which I tucked into my skirt. My hair was in loose curls that bounced past my shoulders.

"Gabriella!" I heard my name once more.

I groaned, grabbing my bag and headed down stairs.

"I said I was coming Soph there's no need to-" I stopped at the end of the stairs, "Jake, hi."

He was sitting on the arm rest of the couch, messing with his phone. He looked up when he saw me, and smiled.

He had on a skin tight V-neck, light washed jeans and white Vans. His hair was spiked up in the front like always.

Why can't I stop starring?

"Take a picture it'll last longer." Jake grinned.

I rolled my eyes, walking out the door,"Let's go!" I shouted over my shoulder."

We were fashionably late, just as I loved it, and all eye's were on us as we walked in.

"Nothing too strong." Jake ordered, looking down at me, "I can barely work with you sober, I can't imagine working with you drunk."