Chapter 6

I walked into Biology, relieved that the day was almost over.

I took my seat in the very back of the classroom waiting for the sea of the students to come barging through the door two seconds before the bell.

As everyone took their seats, Mrs. Walker started handing out worksheets for today's lab.

"How's everyone today?" Mrs.Walker smiled brightly.

The class mumbled in response.

"Okay, guys. Today we will be doing a lab. We will be dissecting strawberries! This work sheet has all your instructions and questions that you will be answering with your group," She stopped in front of my desk, "How are you doing today, Gabriella?"

I smiled softly, "I'm fine, thanks for asking."

"Will you be doing this lab by yourself?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I'm fine with that, Mrs. W."

Every time we did group work, or labs, I always preferred to work alone. It wasn't that I didn't have any friends in that class, it was just all the work that comes behind group projects aside from the actual work.

I was really good friends with twins, Amber and Ashley.

They we're extremely nice, and easy to get along with.

Oh, Marrisa was in here too.

She sat as far away from me as possible, due to the fact that we simply don't get along.

"Alright then." She handed me the worksheet, then walked back to the front as she continued talking.

"I want you guys to get in your normal lab groups. Together, you will dissect the strawberries. You will then use the microscope to examine the strawberries cell-"

At that moment, total silence filled the room. It was so quite you could hear feathers drop like attomic bombs

"Jake?" I blurted, uncontrollably, at the guy in the front if the room.

All sets of eyes were on me, while whispers and grins were directed my way.

My heart raced in my chest as I mentally scowled at myself for what I'd just done.

"Yes?" He said awkwardly, after a moment of unbearable silence.

At first he looked slightly confused. He never broke the gaze until, it finally clicked.

"Princess." He whispered, with a small smile.

I furrowed my brows, flinching at the sound of my new pet name.

"Well, it's great to know that you already have a friend, Mr. Carter." Mrs.Walker announced, awkwardly.

"Um, sorry I'm late. I was up in the office. Kinda got lost on the way back. I have a note if you need one?"

She took the note, placing it on her desk while searching for the books he would need for the semester.

"Everyone, this is our new student. He will be joining us for the rest of the semester. Feel free to tell us your name, Mr. Carter."

It's not like the whole class didn't hear me blurt his name it, Mrs.Walker.

He grinned. His face was glowing from all the attention.

"Jake," He said, like it was the most obviois thing in the world.

He seemed to have no problem speaking in from of people he's never seen before.

Confidence was his middle name.

He was wearing a black and white unbuttoned checked flannel that was cut off at the sleeves revealing his arms, over a white tank. He matched it with light washed jeans and a pair of Grey Roshes.