Chapter 23

Looking back on my life, I never thought I would go through this.

One heart broken by two different people.

But here I was at eleven o'clock at night, in a white oversized T-shirt, leggins, and my hair in a messy bun, working on a project with one of the guys who broke my heart at the age of twelve

Who would have guessed that the guy who broke my heart, could be the only person wo could put it back together? 

Jake was sitting next to me in a blue hoodie and sweats. His hair was in a messy, but very attractive swoop that made him look a thousand times hotter. He was typing on my lap top, very concentrated on the work, while I was laying on the couch helping myself to the peanut butter.

"Will you stop eating all the peanut butter? We kinda need it." Jake muttered, typing faster.

I raised an eyebrow, then shoved another spoonful of peanut butter in my mouth. I fluttered my eyes and moaned.

"Peanut butter makes you horny? I'll remember that." he smirked, raising his eyebrows.

I kicked his shoulder and watched as his figure moved a few inches. I frowned at the smile on his face, kicking him again. And again. And again.

"Don't start something you can't finish," he warned, between laughs.

I kicked him again, a little harder than before, making him fall off the couch all together.

I let out a loud, silly laugh, clutching my stomach and kicking my feet on the couch. Once I looked over at Jake, he was looking over me and not very happy.

"Two can play at that game." I rolled off the couch, standing in front of him, realizing how tall he is.

He looked down at me with that look in his eye, "You sure you wanna fight battles bigger than you? I wouldn't wanna hurt you."

I looked up at him and scowled. After a few seconds, I stood up on the couch, meeting him face to face. Before I even realized what I was doing, I scooped up a handful of peanut butter, rubbing it all over his face.

I licked my fingers, with a small giggle.

If Jake was mad then, I wonder what was going through his mind now.

"I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no other choice."

I was suddenly being picked up into the air. He spun me around a few times, his arms holding a protective grasp around my waist.

"Jake, what are you doing!?" I shouted, laughter escaping my lips, "Put me down!"

We stopped spinning, "As you wish."

He flipped me on the couch, then hovered over me. His face was still covered in peanut butter except for his eyes.

I giggled.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"You look funny with peanut butter all over your face." I smiled, poking his cheek full of peanut butter, licking my finger.

He shook his head, "This is all you're fault."

I nodded innocently.

He scowled at me.

"Now now, don't be a Grinch. You look kinda cute-"

I was interrupted by Jake ticking me. His hands moved up my rib cage then back down to my stomach.

I laughed uncontrollably, trying to push him away.

"S-Stop!" I choked through laughter.

He continued to tickle me, moving back up top my rib cage. He pinned my arms over my head and looked down at me with a victorious smirk on his face.