Chapter 35

"Thank you s-so much for coming, Gabbie. It really means a lot to me."

Valorie's hair was all over the place, her make up was smeared and she could barley stand up straight.

The party was a huge success. If kids weren't passed out in random corners, they had been escorted home by someone who was sober enough to drive.

We were outside now, walking away from all the loud music and bright lights.

Jake, who was very drunk, was waiting patiently by the car, giving us some privacy.

"No problem. It was fun."

"No seriously," we stopped walking, all seriousness in her tone, "Thank you so much for being here. I understand why you would't wanna come after what happened with you know who."

I shrugged, "I promised I'd be here didn't I?"

"I know, but that was before-well, you know." She looked down, embarrassed, "Was he any trouble tonight?"

"I didn't even see him," I lied.

"Okay, that's good," she smiled a bit, "I am so so sorry for telling Rhyan all about Jake. I didn't mean too, I promise."

"Come here, Val." 

I pulled her into a tight hug, rubbing her back soothingly.

"I'm sorry for not telling you about Jake. I was still trying to soak it in myself."

A wide grin crept on her face, her eyes twinkling, "It's fine, Baby G. I just can't believe Jake is, well, you know! I'd told you he'd come back!"

I shook my head, failing to bite back my smile.

"Has he changed? Or is he still the same whiny little boy as before?" She teased, rolling her eyes.

"Oh, stop it," I slapped her arm playfully, "But of course he's changed. I have so much to fill you in on, Val."

"Coffee at noon?" She offered, giving me a pleading look.

"If you can mange to drag yourself out of bed after tonight, then of course." 

She giggled, smiling like a little girl who just arrived at Disney Land.

"Now, go inside and attend to your gust! Enjoy your party."

She nodded, before giving me a bone crushing hug.

God, I missed my best friend.

~*~

"Stop touching that!" I hissed, slapping Jake's hand away from the radio.

He had turned the volume all the way up, killing my speakers and my ear drums.

"But I like that song!" He whined, slumping back in his seat.

I didn't know he was this childish when he's drunk.

He laid his head back, rolling it back and forth. His hair was no longer nicely spiked upward like before. It was very messy, barley falling over his eyes.

The buttons on his shirt had come undone, revealing his bare chest and the cross tattoo in the center.

To say he looked attractive was an understatement. Even a drunk Jakob Carter manged to cast a spell on me.

"I'm not taking you home this fucked up," I mumbled, driving towards my house.

"Does that mean I get to spend the night at your house?" He asked, a hint of joy in his voice.