Chapter 25

"Ow, you burned my neck!" I hissed, trying to squirm away from Sophia.

"Maybe if you would sit still that wouldn't have happened." 

She wrapped the heated wand around a strand of my hair holding it for a few seconds. She let it go, and a thick curl bounced down down my back.

After twenty minutes, she was completely done.

She did my make-up, applying foundation, a light blush on my cheeks, mascara, light eye shadow, and clear lip gloss.

I wore a silk white dress shirt with gold zippers and pockets, gold beaded shorts and some gold and pearl jewelry. 

Sophia smiled, handing me a pair of gold sandals to finish the outfit, "You look gorgeous, as always."

I smiled back, sliding the sandals on. I walked over to a full body mirror, examining myself. I moved some of my hair past my shoulders.

I was so nervous.

I hadn't been on a date in years. This was a pretty big step for a pretty small girl.

I sighed, facing Sophia, "It's time."

"Everything's going to be perfect, I promise. He owes you big time, remember?"

Oh, I remember.

"I'm gonna head out. I don't want him to see me here!" She walked over to me, giving me a tight hug.

"Thanks for everything, Soph."

"What are best friends for?" She smiled, squeezing my cheek, "Text me deats when you can?" She called over her shoulder, making her way towards the door.

"Always," I responded, blowing her a kiss, as she disappeared through the door.

I walked over to my dresser, grabbing my leather black handbag, that had small golden spikes.

I took one last glance in the mirror, before making my way down the stairs.

~*~

Saying I was nervous was an understatement.

I almost didn't here the door bell ring. 

I shot up of the couch, running to the door. I stopped dead in my tracks, taking a deep breath.

I waited a few seconds before opening the door.

My face dropped when I saw who was standing on the other side.

~*~

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"It's nice to see you too, Gabriella." 

Rhyan was leaning against the door frame with a huge smile on his face.

I was so sick of this back and fourth. Was it really that hard to leave me alone?

"Look, I'm about to leave in a few minutes, so you really need to leave." I held the door between my fingers, waiting to slam it in his face.

"I know. Jake's a little late isn't he? I'd think he'd be here by now."

What the hell is going on and how does he know about my date with Jake?

"How do you know about this?"

He laughed, throwing his head back.

I didn't know who this person was. It definitely didn't sound like Rhyan.

"I know a lot of things, Gabriella," he gave me a devilish grin, "A lot of things."

"I don't know what you know. Whatever it is, it's a lie."