Chapter 20

I didn't know where I was or where I was going.

I was running on a side walk, my vision blurry due to the tears streaming down my face.

I spotted a near by park, and walked over to the swings.

I was an emotional roller-coaster. My feelings for Rhyan were obviois. They've been a part of me for awhile now, and I can't fight this anymore.

I buried my face in my hands, letting the tears flow out of me like a river.

This past week had completely destroyed me.

He showed me how easy it was to forget about me. The thought sent a wave of pain in my chest, causing me to cry harder.

After a few minutes, I felt rain drops start to fall.

Great.

It was pouring within seconds. I rocked back and forth on the swing, with my head low, letting the rain replace my tears.

"Are you okay?" I heard a voice ask, softly, in the darkness.

I looked up and saw a shadow approaching me.

Once it got closer, I realized it was Jake.

He was completely soaked. His hair was flat aginst his forehead, but still managed to look perfect.

I nodded, then looked back down.

He took a seat on the swing next to mine, neither one if us speaking

I decided to break the silence.

"How'd you find me?" I looked over at him.

He scratched the back of his head, "I'd been running behind you for the past five minutes, I just kept me distance. Wanted to give you some space."

"Oh."

There was silence again.

"Listen, Gabbie-"

"It all started last year," I  began, taking a deep breath, "Rhyan and I had gotten closer. We started to talk alot more, and hangout just the two of us. He was so sweet."

I looked over at him, and I could still make out his bight brown eyes in the darkness. 

"He doesn't deserve you." He whispered.

"I fell for him," I chuckled, tastelessly, "We had a great bond. Kind of like the same bond Jakob and I use to have."

"Maybe that's why you fell for him?" He suggested, "Becuase he reminded you of your friend."

I shrugged, "Who knows. I never told him how I felt, due to the fear of rejection. Then he kissed me."

I let out a sigh.

I noticed how Jake shifted uncomfortably, but ignored it.

"He showed up at my house the day after Michelle's party. We went to the fair and even took me to a place he knew outside of town," I looked over at Jake, who had his eyes on me, "I jumped of a cliff."

He chuckled slightly, "Princess Gabbie jumped off a cliff?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Why so surprised?"

"Not something I would ever expect you to do."

I rolled my eyes, "We then ended up in a large cavern. It was the most beautiful sight I've seen. I was at loss of words. That's where we kissed."

"When do we get to the bad part?"

"Hold on," I chuckled, "After the kiss, everything was normal. We held hands and began talking. I mentioned something about dating and he completely shifted."