Chapter 42

6 months later

"Do you have any plans for tonight?"

Jake unlocked the door, and opend it, letting me step inside.

I set our groceries on top of the kitchen counter, and hoped on top of the marble island that was in the center.

"Nope, Megan is visiting her mom in New york for the week and Hannah has plans with Tony."

"Perfect," he said, joing me in the kitchen, "We're going out tonight."

Six months have passed since Jake and I did the unthinkable and left Minnesota.

My father didn't take it very well, like I predicted. Mom told me that he didn't talk to her for days, upset that she allowed her daughter to run away with a boy.

I got a very angry phone call from him that night. After fifteen minutes of hearing him scream and yell, I hung up the phone, deciding that I would talk to him when he was willing to listen.

I was afraid that he would get on a plane and come find me. Thankfully, everything worked itself out.

After a two hour conversation that ended with both of us sobbing, he was finally able to accept everything.

He talked to Jake as well, apologizing for the way things played off. Like the father he was, he made sure to tell Jake to take care of me and that he wanted to see me soon.

And here we are six month later.

"Ooo, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," he smirked, putting away the groceries.

"And you know how much I love those," I giggled, swinging my legs.

My phone vibrated, as I received a text from Valorie.

Valorie: I almost lost my virginity, HELP

My eyes widened reading the text.

When Valorie and Danielle found out about Jake and I, they were pretty upset that I didn't bother to say goodbye.

At first we didn't talk for weeks, but when they finally picked up one of my many calls, we straightened everything out.

The only person I haven't heard from is Rhyan.

Sophia told me that he wasn't in school for a couple of days, and Valorie said that he's been coming home really late. She doesn't know what it is that he's doing because, he doesn't talk to her anymore.

There are times that I want to reach out and call him, but I came to the conclusion that he was the reason we were in this
mess in the first place.

"Who texted?" Jake asked, pulling two bottles of water out of the fridge.

He handed me one, and I unscrewed the lid, taking a few gulps.

"Just Valorie," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

He eyed me suspiciously.

"Trust me. You don't want to know. Girl problems."

He raised his hands up in surrender and walked over to me. Even sitting on top of the the island he was taller than me.

Jake stroked my bare thighs, soothingly. I looked up at him and smiled really big.

"Tonight's going to be great," he whispered.

"I know," I leaned in, but turned away at the last second, moving my lips to his ear, "I'll make sure to wear something that rocks your world."

I heard him groan, and he pressed a kiss on my neck, "Tight and see through?"