Chapter 7

"Thanks for the ride, Soph." I got out of her cherry corvette, shutting the door behind me.

Sophia was pretty rich. Her and Ricky, her six year old brother, lived a very great life. Both her parents are successful doctors.

She lived across the street from me, which was a very good thing.

I turned around, facing my smiling friend.

"No problem, Gabbie! I'll be over after I pick Ricky up from his babysitters. You still need to talk to us, correct?"

I nodded.

"Alrighty. Please don't start without me, kay?"

I rolled my eyes, assuring her we'd wait.

After she pulled off, I walked inside my empty house. I dropped my things on the couch, and headed straight for the kitchen.

My parents weren't home. And they weren't going to be for God knows how long.

They had left for Cali a few months ago, leaving me a note as their only goodbye. They've called me once since then.

My grandparents send me money every other week to make sure I'm good on food, and they also pay the bills.

The first week was awful.

I cried for hours, afraid of being alone. Afraid that they'd never come back and afraid that they'd just forgotten me.

I didn't know how I was supposed to take care of myself. But it's a good thing I'm an easy learner.

After the first month, I had felt more comfortable. I got the hang of things, and noticed the perks of having a house to myself.

Sometimes it made me wish that I was a bad kid or maybe even had a boufriend, so I could have a house party like most teenagers do now a days.

I grabbed a fresh apple out of the fruit bowl, feeling my phone vibrate, repeatedly in my back pocket.

"Hello?" I answered, taking a bite of the apple.

"What time do you want us to be there? Dad's being an ass today, and wants me to be home before it gets dark." Valorie mumbled.

I could already picture her rolling her eyes.

"Whenever you guys can. Soph is going to pick up Rick before heading over. I told her we wouldn't start without her. Oh, and still haven't talked to Danielle."

"Okay. Just make sure it's not too late. Text me when you want me to come."

After hanging up, I had a text.

Rhyan: Guess who I saw leaving the parking lot today?

As soon as I saw his name, my heart accelerated, and I was smiling from ear to ear. Things with Rhyan have been great so far. Every day my feelings grew stronger and stronger for that boy.

I wish I could just find out how he feels about me.

I can but I'm too scared to ask. I'm normally not like that. Boys just happen to be my biggest weakness.

Me: Bigfoot? Channing Tatum? Jesus?

Rhyan: I wish it was Channing! But the new kid. His parking space is next to mine.