Father knows what's best - One-shot

It had been the first time he had hit me, I was 12. He asked me to get the cake for his birthday from the fridge and I had tripped on the carpet, launching it at the wall. He looked furious, face red, knuckles white. I tried escaping to my room but it was too late. He slapped me, threw a kick.

"Can't do shit since everyone left, huh?" He then left me, making me think of my actions. Making me think why I had tripped. Making me think of my wrong-doings.

The second time was unexpected, it had been a few years since he had hit me that hard. I was 15 by then, practicing my dance moves for the competition. Going on stage, trying to dance as smoothly as I could. Seeing people mesmerized by my dancing, making me relieved. And then, I got 2nd place.

You didn't like that but, instead you treated me to ice cream. It made me think you'd changed. That you no longer cared as long as I was top 3. But I was wrong, we came home with me all smiley because of your treat. You asked me to give you the medal, I did. You then slapped me, then threw the metal at my leg. It left a large bruise that was hard to cover. Later, they told me I had a fracture in my leg. You didn't care, didn't think you will.

I had been so alone, going through all that. Not having anyone to talk with. But then came this gorgeous woman, she seemed so mature yet so weird, immature. I felt drawn and instantly friended them. Slowly over time, I started to trust them. And I told them, every little thing he had done to me, my body, my health, my mind. It made me relieved to see you still care for me regardless, not see me disgusting.

And then, you had revealed all you family's wrong-doings and I understood you. We would comfort each other till dawn, and just like that I would get closer to you every day.

Until he found out, and I knew I was fucked. I knew I shouldn't have been in so deep. He made sure I stay away from you, whether it was during school, after school, or simply through text.

I could never escape him, he liked the control he had over me. So I stopped resisting, I let him control every inch of my life. Then slowly, I stopped caring.

After all, my father knows what's best for me now.