My Lovely Best Friend <3 - One-shot

I've told you countless times, it's hard for me to trust someone. You understood them, told me you'll never betray me. And I did the most rightful thing I could've done my whole life, I trusted you.

You know I love you, even with the countless friendly insults and jokes. Even with the countless shut ups and crying. You know I hate affection, and you try to understand me, but you can't. You wanted to give me attention and affection but you didn't know how.

I should've told you, I love the way you remembered me, every single detail, everything I've said. I feel guilty for not returning it.

You know I have anxiety, you know I have anger-issues, you know about my family, you know about my fucked up life; yet you stayed with me. I adore that about you. I tried to return the favor by greeting you every day, never forgetting you. Telling you how much I love you through mere insults. Sending you memes every now and then.

I assumed you understood my love language, and you did. I'm sorry for never telling you I love you. I'm sorry for sending you insults, even though you reassure me.

I loved a lot of things about you. How cute you were, how reliable you were, how funny you were, how smart you were, how good your writing was, and the list goes on and on.

And so I wrote this, cause I could never admit it to you.

I could never tell you how much you mean to me, I can't. I'm too much of a coward.

So all I want to say, of course except everything I've already said, is...

I love you.

I love you regardless of who you become, where you are, who you are with, and what you are.

I love you because you are you, and that's how I'd like you to stay.