Chapter 6

Reia

I'm comfortable. Damn, I'm comfortable. It feels like I'm laying on a cloud. In a cloud. Around a cloud? I don't know since I can't feel my limps specifically but I am comfortable. I nuzzle my face deeper into the cloud and sigh in contempt.

"I think she's waking up," I hear the softest of whispers say. I freeze.

"She is now. Don't be scared, we mean you no harm," someone else says. A deep voice I don't recognize either. My heart is racing so much it hurts but I can't bring myself to turn around and look at the people talking to me. I'm not scared, I'm freaking terrified to the point I can't move.

How did I get here? Where am I? Who are these people and what do they want? Also, where did they get this bed from, and do you think they'd let me take it home to make up for kidnapping me?

Home. That triggers a wave of memories so quickly I'm getting a headache from trying to keep up. Home- the group of strangers chasing Dex and me, the fight, Dex. My chest constricts and I wish I'd just continued sleeping.

Dex is scared of me. He abandoned me. The darkness. At the thought, I can feel the familiar humming in my bones stirring. I need to focus. I'm surrounded by strangers that have kidnapped me. I feel too weak to get up, let alone fight and I could hardly hide.

The humming intensifies and even though I don't know what's happening, I let it. I let it curse through my body until it reaches every last cell of mine and something clicks. I hear gasps and decide to finally turn around.

"Where did she go?" It's a girl with raven hair, staring through me. Nope, not at me, through me.

"I- I don't know. I can still feel her," a tall guy says dumbfounded. He has brown skin and a mess of curly hair on top of his head. Feel me? What kind of show is he in?

There's movement to my right and my head snaps into the direction. Another guy is approaching me with long strides, he seems to be the only one able to see me. He grabs my arm and the armor of my newfound power seems to crumble. I pull away and scoot to the other edge of the bed.

There are five people in the room. The girl with raven hair, the two guys, and another two girls. One tall and with fiery hair and one short and blonde. The latter is the only one still looking at me with unfocused eyes. They're all dressed in nice, colorful clothes.

I straighten my back and steel my expression. "Who are you? Where am I? and what do you want?" I demand. I feel vulnerable sitting in this bed when all of the others are standing.

"Calm down. Like I said, we aren't here to hurt you," the tall guy repeats. My heart is racing but something about him makes me want to trust him. I shake myself out of it.

"That explains why you're five while I'm alone. And was previously sleeping."

"They wanted to see you themselves. They're leaving now," the other guy says while sending a pointed look to the blond girl. She nods at him once and leaves the room.

It's larger than I'd expected and decorated nicely. It's easily the fanciest place I've ever been in. Who the hell are these people?

"Right, we owe you some answers," the curly-haired guy said as if to remind himself. He and the raven-haired guy are the only ones left in the room now. While he seems nice, the dark-haired guy is studying me quietly, his expression blank, and it's freaking me out.

"My name is Xander, this is Atticus and you'll meet the others soon enough. You are at our- what should I call it- headquarters?" He shoots the other guy, Atticus, a questioning glance but the latter refuses to take his eyes off me. I stare right back at him and raise an eyebrow.