Chapter Twenty Six.

Calm. The Jeon mansion was oddly very calm.

Jungkook and Taehyung had returned home yesterday and had headed straight to their own room because they were too flustered and too shy to even face each other.

But how could they escape each other today morning because Taehyung was suddenly up early because the boy apparently couldn’t sleep the entire night due to sheer excitement.

So when he slowly tip-toed downstairs he saw Jungkook already sitting there near the dining table with a cup of coffee. He checked the clock hanging in front of his eyes and it displayed 6 am.

"Why is he awake so early?" Taehyung whispered to himself and walked closer to him even though his mind screamed to run back to his own room.

He saw Jungkook lost in his own world with a silly and stupid smile on his face.

He slowly leaned down towards Jungkook's ears and whispered softly, "Why are you smiling creepily early in the morning sitting like a statue?" And the way that made Jungkook flinch was hilarious because that boy almost dropped his coffee on his lap.

He placed both his hands on his chest and then looked at Taehyung with disbelief because the latter was giggling at the reaction.

"Strawberry, you're just so---"

"Pretty, gorgeous, beautiful, lovely, nice and gracious, I know." Jungkook's sentence was cut short by Taehyung.

"Why are you up so early?" Jungkook asked, sighing.

"I--I wasn't really sleepy and so I thought I could go and eat something." Taehyung replied as he played with his fingers.

"But I told you to not go near th--"

"Yes, I know I know. I just would stick to cereal and not cook anything." Taehyung replied as he playfully rolled his eyes.

"But I am sure you would try to make tea as well." Jungkook said as Taehyung grinned.

"Don't you know me too well?" Taehyung said as Jungkook shook his head. Taehyung is endearing.

"Fine, you can only make tea, nothing else." Jungkook said as Taehyung nodded his head eagerly and then walked towards the kitchen.

So as Taehyung decided to make tea, he started boiling the water first and then added the tea leaves and then when he wanted to put some sugar into it, he couldn’t find the container. He looked everywhere yet couldn’t find it so he was just about to turn and yell Jungkook’s name when he felt someone’s presence behind him.

Jungkook’s chest pressed hard on Taehyung’s back as Taehyung bit his lips and closed his eyes shut at the close contact. So much for keeping a distance because they were flustered.

Jungkook leaned in more when Taehyung finally turned around and could not take the tension anymore and saw Jungkook not looking at him rather than looking above him, while his hand was grabbing a container. So, Jungkook was just bringing the container for him? But he thought—

“Here is you—” Jungkook was about to say something when he stopped and looked at Taehyung staring at him. Well Jungkook doesn’t know why but it felt like Taehyung was glaring at him.

Taehyung soon let out a sigh and stood up straight as his nose touched Jungkook's. That almost made Jungkook take a step back but he didn’t because he couldn’t.

“What are you doing?” Taehyung asked as Jungkook looked away from Taehyung’s eyes that were so alluring at the moment.

“I—I was just—getting the container for you—I saw you looking for it from the dining tab—” Jungkook immediately stopped because he heard Taehyung giggle.