CHAPTER 13 - the fault in our stars

kate's pov
i open the compound door, standing on the side for y/n and yelena to go in. yelena goes in first, holding both leashes of fanny and lucky, them running in. y/n comes in after and she grabs me by the waist, softly pulling me into the tower, door shutting behind us. yelena sits on the couch and turns on the tv, putting on friends on netflix. "where's yelena gonna sleep?" y/n asks, taking her arm off me. i think for a second, then a smile forming on my face. "well, she can have my room." i suggest. "really?" "yeah, i don't mind." "you can sleep with me." y/n says, sitting on the couch next to yelena. i sit on her right, laying my legs on top of her. "yeah, of course." i reply, smiling. "what's going on?" yelena asks, eyes on tv. "you can have my room, i'll share a bed with y/n." i say, and yelena smiles. "thank you." she says, patting fanny in front of the couch, on the floor.

y/n's pov
"right!" the tour!" i say, and kate shuffles her legs off me. i smile, standing up. "let's go, yelena. i'll show you around." i say, offering a hand to yelena. she takes it, standing up. "you coming, kate?" i ask, kate shaking her head. "probably not, my legs hurt." she says, getting more comfortable on the couch. "alright, we'll be down in a few minutes." i say, and kate nods.

"so, this is the pools. nothing too special here, just a pool and spa." i say, both of us standing at the doorway. yelena nods, looking around. "so fancy! i love it!" yelena says, and i laugh. "next floor?" i say, and we walk into the elevator. a few floors up, yelena talks. "so, what's the deal with you and kate?" she asks, and i press the next level. "whaddya mean?" i say, and yelena scoffs. "you two dating?" she says, and the elevator opens. i walk out, opening the door to yelenas room. "no, why? anyways, this is your room you'll be staying in." i say, and yelena looks around. "so cool." she lays on the bed, going into a star shape, "so comfy!" she exclaims, and i open the bathroom door. "this is the bathroom and shower. if you need shampoo or whatever, come up to my room i'll give you some." i say, and yelena walks in. "awesome. thanks y/n!" she says, and puts her hand up. i raise an eyebrow, and put my hand up hesitantly. yelena high-fives my hand and smiles, walking out. what a weird girl.

after a few more levels, we get to the bottom floor. the elevator door opens, faint air rushing through me. fanny runs up to yelena, jumping on her. i smile, walking to the couch. i sit next to kate, and she's eating a kit kat. "want some?" she says, tilting the kit kat to me, half eaten. i take a bite, and kate takes a bite after. "kit kat. another good nickname for you." i say, after finishing the bite. "it's cute, i like it." she says, and yelena comes down to sit. i check the time, and it's 5:43. "we should get a clock in here. or even better, a mini clock tower!" kate says, and yelena nods enthusiastically. clock tower. my breathing gets heavy, almost like someone's suffocating me. "you okay?" kate says to me, and i stand up. "yeah, i'm gonna go for a bit. i'll bring back dinner." i say, walking to the door in a rush to get air. "o-oh, okay." kate says, and i open the door, and walk out, door closing on its own.
suit on. i thwip to the tower, jumping then swinging my legs to get momentum. with my other hand, i web to another building, doing this over and over again, until i get to my destination.

my feet land on the grass, one hand on the floor to steady myself. i look around, familiar with the surrounding. i find the stone, and stand in front of it. "hey gwen. been a second." i say, a tear already falling from my eye. "i miss you. it's been almost 2 years now. i should've listened to your dad, i should've listened! if i did, you'd still be here." i sit down, placing the flowers i got on the way to the graveyard in front of the grave stone. "this is for you. a few petals fell off on the way here, i hope you don't mind." i say, smiling a little. "i miss you so much. you deserved so much better. i replayed every possible outcome in my head everyday since then, unable to forgive myself. i'm sorry. i love you." i say, standing up. "i'll visit you soon, i promise."i wipe my eyes from the tears before turning around and web to the nearest tree, lifting myself off.