Chapter 24

When Kirito woke up on the cot, he felt a soft reassuring hand on his hand and he groaned as he heard Yui's voice say, "You have a mild concussion from the battle, daddy... please be still."

He managed to open an eye and he looked at Yui, who wore a medical mask over her face and had a little bit of blood splatters on her body. He also noticed, with some worry, that she also had a bit of a bloody scalpel in her hand as she stood over him.

His head pounded again and groaned again as he asked, "Did we win the battle?"

"We did, daddy... and we took a prisoner too, the one with the sniper..." said Yui as she put the scalpel away into her belt as he noticed that her nurse outfit was over what looked like some modified Ranger armor to fit her. She pulled out from her belt and he watched as the autoinjector was put inside him and he heard it hiss as he felt something slowly allow the headache he had to go away and he moaned in relief as he grunted as he tried to sit up. He could feel some burns on him and he also felt bruises, especially the one on his chest where the bullet had hit him and as he slid off the cot, he looked around and then asked, "How is Sinon and the others doing?"

Yui looked confused and said, "Sinon? They... weren't found with you all.... did you get separated by chance?"

Kirito's face changed from neutral to one of dread and as he looked around, Yui asked him, "Is something wrong?"

Kirito began to lightly jog out of the makeshift hospital and as he looked around the cots and many medical personnel around him, Yui followed him as hse asked him, "What happened?"

He jogged out of the tent and found himself only slightly outside the FOB he and his group had captured and as he looked over to the newly rebuilt command center, he jogged towards it as Yui tried to keep up with him the best she could. He passed Rangers, heedless of what they said as he passed through the gates and as he got to the command center, he saw SpartanHalo, Rosebeth, Sabrina, Theodosius, Mucia, SIlverblitz, and Jason all around the map table and Kirito looked at them as he asked, "Has anyone seen Sinon and them all?"

Everyone stopped to look at a grimly-faced Kirito and Rosebeth sighed as sh said, "Your friends were combat logged... The Hacker took them away, probably off the server hopefully..."

"Combat-logged..." Kirito looked down and Yui grabbed him as he sunk to his knee's and as he looked down at the ground, everyone knew that it was hitting him hard. But they didn't expect him to say, "At least now they can look after me in the real world... At least they won't die..."

Kirito looked back up as he watched Mucia go over to some steaming bowls and as she handed him a bowl of broth, he slowly slirped it out of the bowl like a drink before he gave it back and asked them, "What are we going to do now?"

"Well... that Exiled player is one heck of a sniper and I kinda wish we could get him to our guild..." SpartanHalo muttered as he went back to looking at the map before him.

"I keep telling you I should go and see if I can turn him to our guild!" Rosebeth said but Silverblitz said," Like hell you are! I am not letting you do your little secret move to ever dog gone person we have here!"

To everyone's surprise, she spun on her heels and slammed her fist into Silverblit'z face and as he fell back, she followed up with a swift kick to his gut and as he tumbled away Kirito grabbed Rosebeth from doing anything else and she didn't resist as she said in contempt, "I am my own person... You do not have control over me!"

Silverblitz shook himself as Kirito saw a hand go for his Deagles but Theodosuis stepped forward and grabbed him and hauled him up as he said to Rosebeth, "I think we should let the young lady do what she thinks is best for us and if that means she has to bribe every man with her body then she can do it... Although, Kirito should stick with her just in case if the Exiled tries something."