Chapter 14

Kirito watched from the rooftop of the city hall as he just looked out from where he was to where he could see the Big City, as SpartanHalo called it. It was massive, even from the miles it was from where Kirito stood, and blacks clouds swirled around it and its skyscrapers as he thought about Kommando293. He partly wished he could charge in there and get Kommando293 out but SpartanHalo had told them all of what lurked in there: Bigger Infected, Faster Infected, heck, even Smarter Infected. Kirito sighed as he closed his eyes and then he turned around as he went back down the way he came to the first floor. Currently, SpartanHalo was having to command everyone and though he wasn't like Kommando293, he did an actually decent job of making sure no one died on missions, most of which were scavenging but he was assembling another team to secure a hotel not too far from the gates leading from the city. And if they did that, they would have maybe half of the 5 block radius from the gates as the Ranger guild wanted. And, if everything went smoothly, they would get out of the city where they would probably sent somewhere else to do this all over again.

Of course, they could be told to clear the city completely.

He sighed as he trundled down the stairs as he came to a busted door and he slowly opened it as he tried to not rip it off its hinges. It squealed as the hinges strained but it managed to hold itself together and as he closed it, he turned to see Agil looking over the map of the server world. He was tracing lines with his finger and muttering to himself so, half bored and half lonely, Kirito walked over to see what Agil was up to. Then, hew saw what exactly he was tracing as Agil soon completed the outlines of the territories owned by different guilds and each guild had a different color to differentiate each of them. He also seemed to have highlighted areas that may have been routes the guilds used and he suddenly looked up at Kirito as he said, "SpartanHalo took the others to assault that hotel. We're the inly ones here except for maybe SF024 and SpaceMarine04. Come have a seat and we can talk about anything for the time being."

As they sat down around the table, Kirito looked at the map and then looked up as he asked Agil, "Why did you do this, Agil?"

"Well, its good to know where the Guilds all meet since Spartan has been telling me that those are usually battle lines set up by the guild when they are at war. Right now, just about everyone is at war with one another." Agil said. "Currently, the Fallout Guild and the Rangers, the other Rangers, are having a huge confrontation at a nearby city. It seems like those two are the biggest guilds currently here. Everyone else is picking at each other."

"Why won't the guilds ally themselves to fight the cities together?" asked Kirito, curious what Agil knew.

"Well, I don't know that much. SpartanHalo told me only because he wasn't trying to get emotional about Kommando...." Agil said as the last part made his tone become flled with sadness.

"And I bet Asuna won't be able to get back to us forever... I have a feeling that someone did that just because of what he was doing..." Kirito didn't' want to break up into emotions but he couldn't' stop the tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Daddy, where is mommy?"

Both turned to see none other than Yui standing in the doorway but Kirito noticed she was different. She no longer wore a torn and dirty dress but she now wore somewhat dirty jeans, a t-shirt, a helmet that was a bit big for her small head, and someone had been kind enough to give her a bag to carry on her back.

"Yui? What are you doing here?" Asked Kirito as Yui walked over to where he was.

"I came because I asked if it was okay. Where's mommy?" She asked as she held onto his chest in a hug.

Kirito couldn't't bring himself to telling her and so he lied to her, "Mommy is out right now. She'll be back though. We just have to be patient."

Yui hugged Kirito hard as he hugged her back and Agil gave a courteous cough as he said to Yui, "Maybe you should see how SF024 is doing. He was hurt badly when they assaulted this place."