Chapter 35

The morning suns rays rose up over the base and as Kirito sighed in content, having Asuna and Yui still in his arms, he wanted to stay here forever. Then, he heard shuffling and he groaned as he heard some whisperings and he moaned as he shifted and he heard Asuna give a small mutter as Yui continued to contently sleep. He felt something poke his side and he twisted around but he didn't open his eyes as he tried to stay asleep as long as he could.

But then, something grabbed him and he opened his eyes as he came face to face with Jason Vorhee's.

"AAAAAUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!" He shouted as he scrambled over Asuna and Yui as all three hit the floor hard and he was about to go for his sword when he heard laughing and heard someone hit the floor hard as he looked over to see Kommando293 slowly pull off the mask as he was laughing on the floor.

"That's not funny!" Asuna managed to say as she helped the three off them up.

"Of course it is. We couldn't help ourselves but wake up the little family here from there sleeping time. If we didn't, who knew when we would be able to do it again." Said Jason from nearby, his rare smile actually being surprisingly bright for him.

Kirito sighed as he and Asuan got up while Yui jumped up before she said, "I am needed in Medical. I will see you later today, Kirito."

Kirito smiled as he watched the little AI go before he turned back to the others when he noticed something different about one of them.

"Does Phantom have a new Exosuit?" asked Kirito as he pointed to the armored boy with his .50 cal rifle, the armor painted in urban digital camouflage.

"Well, we didn't exactly have any ready-made suits available that would fit his play style but we managed to create one. He now wears the Mk 5 Ghost Recon Exosuit... And its probably the best stealth suit we have ever made..." Kommando293 said.

Phantom looked around as his multi-vision goggles tracked everything it seemed as his helmet also seemed to have what looked like noise amplifiers to amplify the noises around him.

In other words, this guy could never be snuck up on.

Kirito sighed as he got up and grabbed his sword as he stepped toward his exoskeleton as it conformed around him as he asked, "What will today be?"

"A special mission. In order to get into the outer limits of the city, we have to take a bridge... and its guarded by a pretty decent boss so were having the whole guild charge in alongside the Fallout Guild in order to take it from the Infected... The other guilds will be securing airfields, vehicle depots, and other bridges but this main bridge has to be taken..." Kommmando293 said.

"So its an assault?" asked Asuna in her armor.

"And we're the vanguard." Kommando293 said.

The bridge was huge, easily bigger than the Golden Gate Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge combined. Upon it were what looked like to be thousands of burnt out, weather worn cars and amongst those were what seemed like millions of Infected. That number was quickly cut down as the first of the Ranger and Fallout barrage began to explode amongst the cars. Artillery shells, Mini-nukes, bombs, mortar shells, and more exploded along the bridge as the bridge had little damage done to it but the Infected upon it were incinerated, blasted to pieces, or simply vanished underneath he smoke and fire.

But Kommando293 knew that the boss would be at the end, a being he had called "Big Sister", because it looked exactly like the being from the Bioshock games. Except this one had stats that put the original one to shame. As he watched the artillery barrage go on, he looked over at the Fallout Guild leader, a player with Brotherhood of Steel armor named Fell Ender. He held a Gatling Laser that could tear through most things and as he looked around, he asked Kommando293, "Remember when we first came here, our guilds were still at war?"