Chapter 48

Everyone slowly walked down the long tunnel as Kommando293 ran to its end first and as he came out of the pipe, he smiled as he found himself outside again, specifically on a beach. The pipes outside was rusted and though nothing was coming out of it besides his friends, he looked back as he looked around the beach.

The sands were nice underneath his boots and as he waded into the cold waters of the ocean, the reek of the sewer and the sewage that had clung to him were washed away as he smiled and then he fell into the water as he tossed and turned in the water.

"Kommando!"

He looked up to see the others as they came out of the pipe when suddenly he saw a shadow over him.

"Frak!" He shouted as his punch nailed the Infected in the gut and then he rolled to his feet as he kicked its head straight off, which surprised him.

Everyone else looked around the small beach as Rosebeth tasted the salt on her finger tips and as he looked around, it was a bright sunny day and then she suddenly said randomly, "Beach day!"

"PFFFFTTTT!!!!!" Kommando293 managed as Kirito looked around before saying, "I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, it sounds good but right now, theres quite a few Infected around...."

This was pretty accurate as Kommando293 looked around to see plenty of Infected of all types and as he looked down the beach, he then saw the one place that was gonna be a nightmare to clear out.

"The docks...." he muttered as DarkOne looked over and said, "Shoot, we gotta got through that thing again?"

"Yep.... this time... I think we got the schematics for the new underwater combat suits..." said Kommando293 as everyone began to make their way towards the docks.

Suddenly, several helicopters appeared above them and at first they all prepared for a terrible fight but then Fell Ender appeared as he waved them over and everyone ran as they got onto the helicopters and then the helicopters slowly lifted off from the beach.

"What  has happened since we went under?" asked Kommando293 to Fell Ender.

"We have advanced all the way to the docks but we need someone to lead the troops for underwater combat. The rest of us are currently trying to prepare the assault for the bridge." said Fell Ender.

"Looks like you just nominated me."

"Your welcome!" said Fell Ender. "Also... why were in the salt water?"

"I fought Sewer Rat... nuff said."

Fell Ender looked at him.

"Really? Ew...."

"No kidding!"

The docks outer edges had been cleared while some of the few warehouses were still being cleared while the few ships around the docks were being prepared for maybe some sort of sea invasion. As Kirito looked around with the others, he then saw what looked like patrol boats full of people in wet suits and chain mail were armed with a mixture of spears guns and other spearfishing implements as they seemed to be waiting for something. Kommando293 lead them towards a reclaimed warehouse and as they walked through the open doors of the warehouse, they found themselves looking upon an armory of underwater suits and weapons.

"Alright guys, looks like we have probably one last mission before we finally take on the Hacker himself. Our objective? Clear out the harbor and salvage anything down there that is useful. Problems? Lotta of Infected down there can swim and we have to be worried about sharks as well.." said Kommando293 as they began to take their gear.