Chapter 2

The wind blew hard against Kiritos prone body and he opened his eyes as he looked around him. He had spawned on some server he didn't know, which was easy to say because he knew a lot. The surroundings he was in was a mixture of suburbs and wilderness. Houses were in ruins around him and the plant growth were taking over the suburbs. He saw the remains of cars, some fine, some rusted, and some blackened by fire. He slowly got up as he saw he wore normal clothes and as he looked around, he accessed his player menu and went to logout.

But there was no log out button.
What's going on? Am I having a sudden nightmare? Kirito thought as he looked around before he accessed his inventory to see if his stuff was there.
And found only Yui's Heart there.

He tapped Yui's heart and she came to life before him, dressed in her normal dress.... Except the dress was dirty and was torn in places near the bottom.

"Daddy? Where are we?" Yui asked as she hugged him.

"I don't know... Yui, can you find a way to tell us where we are? Like the server?" Asked Kirito.

She closed her eyes for a minute or two before she said, "We are on the Server US12 or the 'Hardcore Apocalypse Survival' server... This isn't based back home, though."

"US..... Are we in an American server?" Asked Kirito suddenly.

Yui opened her eyes and nodded.
WhyareweinanAmericanserver? Ididn'tevenknowtheyhadsuchthings. Kirito thought before he heard a crash from nearby house.

"Kirito!" Came a familiar voice and Kirito ran to the house with Yui in tow as he shouted, "I'm coming!"

They reached a boarded up entrance and Kirito smashed it down as he found Recon, Leafa, Yulier, and Asuna staring at him. They all wore normal clothes but they were dirty and tattered, just like Yui's dress.

"Asuna! Recon! Yulier! Leafa! What happened?" Asked Kirito as Yui stepped inside.

"We just spawned here. We didn't know where you all were." Said Leafa.

"Where's Sinon, Klein, Thinker, and Agil? Did anyone see them?" Asked Kirito as he looked around.

"Kirito! Asuna! Recon! Someone! Over here!!" Someone shouted from a nearby destroyed house that had been crushed by something or had fallen in on itself. They all busted down another door as they ran towards that house and as they began to shift some of the remains, hand shot up as Agil pulled himself out while Thinker, Sinon, and Klein pushed down some rubble before they stepped out of a still standing portion of the house.

"Where are we?" Asked Agil as he looked around.

"Yui says we're on an American server. But a better question is why we're here at all?" Kirito said as he rubbed the back of his head.

"An American server... That would make some sense considering they've had VR for a while... But I do remember hearing a company buying some old Sword Art Online helmets to use in their servers..." Agil said as he looked around.

"Well, well, well... Look at what we have here boys.... A bunch of noobs..." Someone chuckled from nearby.

Everyone snapped their heads around as they looked over to see a group of a half-dozen players in gear and armed with guns looking at them. They all wore helmets, vests, boots and fatigues while they had a mixture of could only be described as ramshackle weapons. They all wore mask over their faces and on had a symbol over his chest.