Chapter 3

As the sun's rays began to pour through the ruined windows of the room Asuna, Kirito, and Yui stayed in, Yui was the first to wake as she rubbed her eyes and slid out of bed from the cuddling bodies of Kirito and Asuna. As she slowly walked from the room, her AI senses picked up above her and she immediately went to investigate. As she slowly climbed the stairs, she could almost see the entire outpost as she saw the figure of Kommando293 sitting in a nearby chair, his rifle up as he scanned around him. As she looked at him, she saw that his mask seemed cobbled together and somehow was holding together.

"Morning, Kommando293." She said as she walked towards him.

He spun around before he lowered his gun and he asked, "Who.. What are you? I've never seen NPC's like you before."

"I am Yui, a sort of caretaker for players back when Sword Art Online still was around. My mommy and daddy found me and made me their child." Yui said as she walked closer to him.

Kommando293 put his rifle down as he looked at her and then he looked back at the outpost before he asked gruffly, "What do you want, Yui?"

"I just wanna know what's bothering you. Your mental state is what I can only describe as being in shambles. Why are you upset?" Yui asked as she suddenly sat on his knee like a child on Santa's knee and she looked up at him.

"Um... I don't wanna talk about it.... If you don't mind...." Kommando293 said with obvious unease and as he looked out over the outpost, he asked her, "So you're an AI. That's nice to know. I have one that I use in RW for various things."

"Really?" Yui said when her head spun around. "The others are waking."

"Well, better crack open my pantry so I can feed you all. I'm sorry but all I have is canned food. I gotta crude stove but its only meant to warm things, not really cook them." Kommando293 said as he got up and Yui got off his lap as she followed him downstairs. On the way downstairs, he grabbed the bag of guns he had placed near him for safekeeping and as he slung it over his shoulder, his breathing from the mask was like Darth Vader.

Asuna yawned as she felt a body missing and her eyes flashed open as she cried, "Yui!"

Kirito was woken up as Yui called from the dining room, "I'm here mommy!"

Asuna let out a thankful sigh as she slowly sat up and stretched herself before she got up and walked out the door. Kirito did the same as he followed Asuna out and as they walked into the dining room, they found a surprise.

Yui was eating food out of a can and she was smiling as she sat next to Kommando293. His masks filter was off and he was using the opening to eat his can of fruit while he used a wooden spoon. Thinker and Yuleir were also up and were eating quietly as Yui looked at Asuna and Kirito and said, "There's plenty for us!"

Asuna and Kirito slowly walked to the table, which was actually in decent condition. They sat down into some nice chairs as Kommando293 passed them some cans of fruit and some wooden spoons and as they opened the cans, they slowly ate the food. Then, as they ate, there was a big yawn as Klein slowly shuffled into the room. "Boy, beds in VR have surely not gotten better. I don't know about you all, but I'm ready to get back to our old servers."

Kirito winced as he said, "We can't."

Everyone looked at him, confused. Kommando293 looked at Kirito and asked, "Why?"

"There's no log out button..." Kiritos hands trembled.

Kommando293 paused before he opened his player menu and saw-

"What the frak? What's going on?" Kommando293 asked as he got up and as he looked around himself, he had a sudden suspicion.

Suddenly, there was a loud ping outside and Kommando293 ran outside as everyone followed him, just as Sinon, Agil, Recon, and Leafa woke up and they all followed their friends outside in a slight daze of confusion. Kommando293 ran to where many players were gathered and as he pushed his way through, he felt someone cling to his coat but he ignored it as he came to a halt. A small disc of light hovered in the air amongst the players.