Chapter 30

"Kirito, time to finally go to the Big City... and don't forget, I call dibs on all of the good rifles you manage to find." Phantom said as he roughly shoved Kirito awake.

Kirito moaned softly as he slowly sat up from his cot and as he looked around, he sighed but knew that today would be the first day in retaking the Big City and hopefully not the day he dies. He got up as he put Infected Bane on his back as he walked out of the tent and as he looked around, he saw everyone else slowly mounting up into APC's, buggies, tanks, and more and he quickly jogged after Phantom as the boy put on his newest Ghillie suit he had made, called simply "Makeshift Ghilli", and as they squeezed into the APC waiting for them, they found themselves with Rosebeth, Theodosius, GrimReaper01, and SpartanHalo s SpaceMarine04 drove the vehicle away from the FOB they were leaving, the Rangers taking with them everything they had to use as they would take the few hour trip to the outskirts of the Big City itself to join up with the rest of the Ranger Guild.

And as they APC moved on, Kirito could only hope that they possibly find Asuna in the Big City.

"Wake up, sleepy head." Rosebeth said as she shrugged her shoulders to try and jostle Kirito's head to wake him. He groaned as he rubbed his eyes and sat up and as he looked at the others, he could feel like they were nearing their destination. Then, the APC slowed to a stop and as the back opened up, they all quickly climbed out and as they came back into the afternoon sun, Kirito let out a whistle and a gasp at the base they found themselves in. Players form the Ranger guild, equipped with all sorts of things and armed with many weapons, ran to and fro as Kirito looked everywhere before he saw a figure walk up to Kirito.

"Are you Kirito?" asked the figure as he extended a hand. He had good armor and NVG's on his helmet but he seemed nice.

"Yes I am. Who are you?" asked Kirito as he took the players hand.

"I'm DarkOne. We've met over the radio but now I get to see you in person... to be honest, its a pleasure meeting you, Kirito." the player said as he looked back to watch the rest of SpartanHalo's Rangers offload from their transports as SpaartanHalo asked DarkOne, "So, what's the plan?"

"Every clan is slowly making its way here. We almost have full attendance from all the Guilds but when we do, we will make our first assault along the outer suburbs of the city... Get your men ready and if they need rest, we set up some temporary barracks nearby. Whatever equipment you have, our Engineers will take care of them..." DarkOne said as he soon walked away towards some other players nearby.

Kirito watched as the engineers DarkOne spoke of off-loaded the mortars from the backs of the some of the trucks and as SpartanHalo gathered everyone up, he said to them, "Alright, follow me to the barracks!"

Kirito and the others slowly followed SpartanHalo as ordered as they went marching off towards the barracks.

When Kirito was shoved awake again, he looked up to see Rosebeth as she quickly sharpened her knife and as he sat up, he asked her, "Already time to go?"

"I'm afraid so...." she said as she looked at him and as they both got off his cot and as they began to walk out of the tent, they followed others from their company as they bumped into GrimReaper01 as he muttered, "Let's see how much the city has changed...."

"How bad was it when you all first assaulted this place?" asked Kirito.

"It was the Gates of Hell itself..." GrimReaper01 said as he jogged over to his Airborne Rangers  as Kirito and Rosebeth continued on their way.

When the two of them reached their group, Mucia was slowly finding her way into the Tiger 2 as Theodosius loaded in a few more shells before he slid in, even in his bulky juggernaut armor somehow managing to fit in.