Chapter 27

Kirito and his group slowly walked through the corridors as they went past the corpses of their previous encounter as they walked back to the cafeteria. As Kirito walked around a corner, he saw what could only be described as a swing of death standing in front of him as it took up a decent portion of the hall. A Ranger saw him and waved them through as he said, "Just don't trip the tripwire there." as he pointed to the floor before the trap.

As Kirito stepped over the tripwire with his friends, he looked up at the trap with mild curiosity as he tried to imagine how they had managed to attach a barrel to a swing set and cover it with spikes and blades. They kept moving along as Kirito came into the cafeteria and as a few Rangers came to take the loot off of him and as Kirito gave his bag of loot away, he walked over to where SpartanHalo was as the guy poured over the maps before him as he studied the battlefield. When SpartanHalo looked up, he said to Kirito, "Everything went well?"

"I got jumped by some Infected baby..." Kirito said.

SpartanHalo shuddered as he said, " Lurkers from Dead Space have only been recently implemented, about a few months ago. Those things will give you nightmares if your not careful."

"So what's going on outside?" asked Kirito.

"Well... we have a large group of Infected outside trying to access the prison through the way where we came in but they can't... Not much movement from the Raiders but I expect they may come attacking soon..." SpartanHalo said when they heard something go overhead.

Kirito looked back at SpartanHalo as he asked, "What was that?"

"Sounded like a plane but... it have to be some sort of  C-130 or something cause nothing else could make that much noise going over... Lemme get on the radio."

SpartanHalo got on a radio and as he began to fiddle along with the dials and began to speak into the microphone, Kirito hoped that the noise was from an event or at least friendlies. Suddenly, SpartanHalo said to Kirito, "Quickly!! Onto the rooftop!!!"

Kirito didn't know what exactly was going on but he knew from the way SpartanHalo said that it was something very important and he quickly ran from the cafeteria as Theodosius and Rosebeth quickly followed him. He ran past the trap as he ran through the prisons hallways and as he ran towards a doors that lead up to the stairs, he busted open the door as he ran as fast as he could up the stairs.

There were at least five flights of stairs but Kirito ran up them like a breeze and as he came to the rooftop door, he busted that door down as he ran onto the roof. There were few clouds in the sky and when Kirito looked around the rooftop, he suddenly found himself looking at a group of several figures and scattered around the figures were parachutes. And in front of the group was-

"GrimReaper01!! What are you doing here?" asked Kirito.

GrimReaper01 wore Ranger gear but he had painted a skull face on his mask as he held a rusted M4. Behind him were Rangers that held assault rifles, light machineguns, assault carbines, and a mixture of melee weapons strapped to their sides.

"Well, hello Kirito. I recently decided to come out of retirement because... well.. news of Kommando293 spreads..." GrimReaper01 said to Kirito as he approached him.