Chapter 29

The explosion rocked the street as Kirito ducked behind the Tiger tank as he heard Theodosius reload the tanks main gun before he fired it again down the road at the buggy APC trying to fall back with the remains of the Raider and Bandit infantry. The shell punched through the APC's rear armor and it ground to a halt as it suddenly exploded into greasy smoke and as Kirito reloaded his rusted AK-47 he had picked off the ground from a dead Raider, he was getting used to the kick of it. He popped out as he sent a stream of hot lead down towards the Raiders. His shots nailed a few hiding behind the remains of some cars and benches as he watched their red blood spray into the air.

SpartanHalo reloaded his rifle next to Krito as he shouted to everyone, "KEEP PUSHING! We gott'em on the run!"

Phantom fired his M40 and watched as the shot connected with the neck of a Bandit and the shot exploded into a spray of blood and bone as the Bandit flopped over like a fish onto his back. Jason and Silverblitz fired from behind a ruined barricade as their pistols sent shots all over while Sabrina joined them with her own pistol.

Rosebeth threw a quintuplet of paint bombs out as they splattered the retreating Bandits and Raiders and as Theodosius moved up their Tiger tank with the help of Mucia, who somehow knew how to drive this beast of a machine. Theodosius reloaded the gun as GrimReaper01 said, "Look's like we got them on the run for real now.  I say if we can keep this up, we might be able to push them all the way back to their closest FOB."

Kirito fired another burst from the AK as it suddenly jammed up and he swore as he threw it down and took out Infected Bane once again as he charged down the strip of road they were on as he tried to close the distance with the Raiders and Bandits. Shots were criss-crossing in between the two sides as Kirito rn from cover to cover as best as he could manage and as he entered the broken remains of what once was a apartment complex, he saw Raider vainly trying to reload his assault rifle of junk and Kirito dashed forward as the player screamed just as Infected Bane came slicing though his chest in a spray of red blood. As the player rolled away along the rubble, Kirito ducked as a few of the remaining Bandits and Raiders fired in his direction and he ducked down behind what little cover there was as the crude bullets snapped all over and around him.

But then Theodosius let loose with his MG42 and the tracers could be seen shredding apart the players in a large crimson spray of blood and as the Tiger tank slowly moved up the road, Kirito watched as the Bandits and Raiders continued to flee the area, few of them bothering to shoot back at the advancing Rangers.

Then, SpartanHalo stopped the entire advance, the remains of those from the prison defense as he listened to his portable radio. Kirito walked towards them as SpartanHalo said a few things into the radio before he looked back at everyone as he said, "Everyone!! Pull back to the prison!"

Everyone looked around at one another before they all began to quickly run back to the prison.

Once everyone was back inside, SpartanHalo gathered Kirito, his team, and GrimReper01 to where they had planned everything before, in the cafeteria.

"I bring news from DarkOne... Fort Wasteland, the Renegade outpost has finally fallen, along with its nefarious and notorious leader, LadiesMan." SpartanHalo said.