Chapter 10

Kommando293 wished he was dead. It was suicide trying to follow these guys to Fort Wasteland, the first city he had captured for his guild, and then following them to here, the city where it all happened. He knew, however, that he wasn't dead, knowing that feeling pain meant you were alive and though hurt, he managed to breathe in a ragged gasp as he opens his eyes and saw (quite thankfully) his mask was still on. But then he saw shapes moving around and as his eyes came into focus like lenses on a camera, he realized who was around him and where he was.

"You should have left me to die..... Now I'm just another mouth to feed." He muttered. "... Thanks, I guess....."

Asuna tried to take his helmet off but he snapped his hands down on his helmet and curled up into a fetal ball as he muttered, "Like heck your getting this thing off."

"You have to let us help you. You've been shot in your-" Asuna began impatiently when Kommando293 interjected, "I feel the holes in my left side, just missing my important bits. I feel a shot on my right arm, near the elbow and I can feel a bullet inside my left thigh, near my hip joint.... There is no way I'm letting you touch me."

"If you don't get those helped, then they'll get infected and you'll be in more trouble than having a few limps." Sabrine appeared as she suddenly raised her dagger.

"Oh fud-" Kommando293 began when her dagger speared into his thigh just as Asuna, Leafa, Agil, and Kirito jumped on him and he screamed as blood flowed down his thigh and he shook out of pain as Sabrina worked the dagger until she made the bullet pop out.

As Asuna bent over to bandage the wound, Rosebeth came by and cupped Kommando293's head into her lap as she tried to stop him from going berserk. Having seen him do that against raiders, bandits, and random people at the outpost bar, she was not wanting someone to have a broken nose or worse. But Kommando293 fought the hands trying to hold him down as he clenched his teeth and spat half muttered swearing and Klein looked over before he finally grabbed Sinon's rifle, which she said, "HEY!" in protest, and he slammed the rifle stock into Kommando293's gut as he said, "I can't stand it when you do that. Here." He tossed the rifle back to Sinon.

Kommando293 lay coughing on the floor as Asuna finished the found on his thigh as she began on his side.

"I swear the last thing I do is going to hang you from a tree for the dogs to eat!" Muttered Kommando293 as he looked over at Klein.

"Easy! You're the one causing most of the fuss!" Leafa said.

"Not to mention i t was him and I who carried you up here. We could have left you outside if you would have preferred."

Kommando293 grumbled as Asuna finished fixing Kommando293 up and he lay his head back against Rosebeth as he finally muttered, "I don't know whether I can stay here anymore... I have been forbidden from returning here and you already saw what they attempted to do when I finally broke through."

Kirito let Kommando293 ramble on as he went to a window and looked out it next to Klein and Sinon. He watched as several Infected moved around below as he watched players continue to struggle amongst the many Infected on the streets and in some of the buildings nearby.

"How many have died?" Kirito was startled by the sudden question. He turned around to face Kommando293. "Huh?"

"How many have died?" Kommando293 asked Kirito.

Kirito looked back and did the best estimate from what he could see. He turned back and said to Kommando293, "Looks like half of the players we were with are dead...."

That's when he heard something that seemed oddly startling to him and he turned to see Kommando293... Crying!

"Umm.... Maybe we should leave him be...." Asuna said as she began to take some of the others out of the room and Klein and Sinon soon followed as Kirito tapped Rosebeths shoulder.