Chapter 32

Kirito woke up to the sporadic stuttering of gunfire as he yawned and stretched along his sleeping bag as he soon sat up from where he was as he looked around. Nothing much had changed, maybe a few more explosions going off and a few more columns of smoke but otherwise, everything was the same as ever.

He slowly got up as he rolled up the sleeping bag and as he put it on his back, he looked around as he noticed that Rosebeth was up and currently trying to make something over and open flame. Her sword was on her back and as he slowly walked over to her, he saw she was attempting to cook up a vegetable stew of some sort.

"Good morning." He said to her.

"Morning." She said back as she stirred the stew as she looked around them.

"So... I wonder if we're going to get called down from here..." Kirito muttered aloud as he made sure he kept an eye on the soup with Rosebeth.  It was nearing being done.

"I got a call from DarkOne and he says we should moved on to another location to scout forward." Rosebeth said to him as she then took the ladle she was using to stir the stew and scooped into a bull a portion of the soup as she gave it over to Kirito.

He took it gladly as he sipped it through his mouth and as he looked around, he wondered what other bosses were out there.

His radio crackled and Phantom said over it, "Alright guys, wake up!! We need to get moving if we are to stay ahead of our advancing brethren..."

And as everyone slowly began to awake to the morning and to the coaxing of Rosebeth and Kirito, they geared up and then descended down the stairs to begin their advance to the next place.

The Infected melted before Kirito as his gun dropped them where they spawned and as the group struggled to fend off the attacks of the Infected. Their new objective was to reach a apartment complex a few blocks away and as Kirito bashed the skull of an Infected with his fist, he blasted another burst of pistol into its skull as the thing fell over in a spray of blood.

Theodosius smashed the butt of his machinegun into the neck of a Infected and as it fell over with a broken neck, he stabbed his bayonet into the things neck as he fired a quick burst down the long road as he made a few Infected into crawlers before Jason and Silverblitz finished them off together.

"Phantom? How far from the complex are we?" Kirito asked over the radio.

"You are currently within ten blocks form the complex. I think I see a Super Infected, though, marching through the road before it with a Horde... just watch out." Phantom said over the radio.

"Anything else you see?" asked Kirito.

"I see you girlfriend stripping for me." Phantom said.

"OH!" Jason and Silverblitz said in unison.

"Phantom, shut up." Kiriot muttered in the radio.

"I'm just saying." Phantom said with a small snicker as he looked through his scope before he got up and began to go down the fire-escape ladder from his perch on top of a random building.

As he slid down and hit the ground, he suddenly found himself near a decent amount of Infected and he crouched down as his suits ability for better stealth kicked in as he began to ghost around the multitude of Infected around him. As he moved around them, he made sure not bump into the Infected around him because then his stealth would melt away and everything would know he was there.

As he walked along, he suddenly saw a corpse and the gun within its hands and he picked the gun up as he slung it over his back as he continued on without going more extensively over the corpse. He had more important things to do besides raid everything for gear.