•55•

•55•

*BANG*

Odell Beckham Jr.

I froze in my tracks. I heard the gun go off and I almost thought I had lost my own life. I stopped breathing for a second. Is Alana okay? Is anybody okay? I'm not. How the fuck did we get here?

I came back to reality as I heard a pair of sobbing. My vision cleared as I noticed Alana and Sasha crying and looking to their left. I looked past them and saw him there, bleeding. Milo was on the ground, lifeless and limp, while Sasha still had the gun pointed in his direction. I can't believe she killed her own brother. "Milo?" she whimpered. I shook my head and fell to my knees.

Nobody deserved to die tonight.

"You killed him." Alana spoke while trying to catch her breath. "You killed him." she repeated.

"I-...I-" Sasha couldn't even find the words. I don't blame her. I would be speechless too.

'Dell, I don't wanna die." I heard Alana plead. It broke me to see us like this. Sasha was nuts and if she killed her brother then she have no issue taking Alana and my baby. "Sasha put that fucking gun down! You did enough tonight! Put it down and let her go!"

"I can't ! It was supposed to be us! I can't."

She pointed it back at Alana so I got up and started running towards the both of them. From where I was, I could see both Lana and Sasha tightly shut their eyes, but then I heard shots ring. I freaked the fuck out. I heard screaming, but I kept running towards them. I grabbed Lana's body, which felt light and weak. I began crying as I held her close to my chest. "Oh shit, please." I leaned back and looked at her. Still with tears in her eyes....

But completely fine.

My eyes wondered her body for any potential damage, but nothing. She was okay.

I turned my head to see Sasha rolling over on her side and holding her shoulder. To my right, I saw officers with guns drawn and pointed in our direction. I pulled Lana close to me then kissed her on the forehead.
~

"No, I'm fine. Check on her please."

I had been arguing with nurses for about ten minutes now. Alana was in another room and I had no clue whether or not if she was good. "Check on her and tell me if she's okay."

"Mr. Beckham, we already have. And we told you, she suffered some internal bleeding. We're waiting for the doctor's next steps."

"What would normally be the next steps though? Does that mean my baby is bleeding? I'm confused!"

"I'm sorry sir. If she's bleeding internally, it's a pretty big chance your child in being affected. The doctors will update you as soon as they can." I shook my head in disbelief. I had waited all this time to see this kid. And now that might not be happening at all. There's no way this isn't my fault. This has to be karma because if I isn't then I don't know what could be. This is the worst I've ever felt in my entire life. I've never been more anxious. More Worried. More Scared. More Sad. More Angry. I've never experienced these type of emotions before in my life.

"Odell!" I looked over and saw Sean, Mike, Crystal, and Aaron run into the lobby and over to me. I just looked down at my feet. "Where is she?" Crystal was crying. I felt terrible looking her in the eyes. Any of them. I fucked up so bad last year so I know all of them, collectively, can't stand me. So to be here like this, again, under much worse circumstances. I fucked everything up.

"She's back there. Nurse said she's bleeding internally. Baby might not be okay."

"What about my sister? Is she okay?" Sean snapped.

I sighed then shrugged. "I don't know yet."

I watched as Mike slowly stepped back and covered his face. Aaron stepped up and took a seat besides me. Sean just stared intensely in my eyes. "Explain what happened. If you lie to me, I'll kill you right here."

"Why would I lie to you?"

"Because you're a liar! You lied to my sister and lied to me when you talked all that bullshit at my father's house about loving her." I scoffed then rolled my eyes. "I never lied about loving your sister so you can cut that shit-" I felt a shove and quickly realized Sean had pushed me in the lobby of the hospital. I was about to charge back at him, but Crystal stepped in between. "This isn't about either one of you! Lana is back there and she's probably so scared right now. You guys can't do this." Crystal started to cry even harder so Sean grabbed her and pulled her into his chest. She was right. I don't have time to fight or prove anything to them right now. My wife needs me and I'm out here waiting for answers. I need to go figure this out now.

I started walking down the hall, looking for the nearest nurse I could find who had any information about Lana right now. Before I could turn the corner, I bumped into the nurse who had been trying to get me to be seen. "Mr. Beckham!" she said in a stunned tone.

"Where is she? I need to see her."

"I was just getting ready to grab you. The doctor just informed me that we need to perform an emergency C-section on Ms. Cardenas to ensure the baby will have some breathing stability. We can't ensure that while she's still carrying."

"Is that safe? He's not even a full seven months yet."

"It's our best bet if we have a shot at saving both Ms. Cardenas and the baby."

That's all I want, but I'm still freaking out. Is this what's best for Lana right now? After everything that's going on, can she mentally handle this right now. "I need to talk to her first." she nodded then I started following her to Lana's room. She had oxygen attached to her nose and her eyes were shut as I watched her from the door frame. "Baby?" I started walking forward to her. Her eyes fluttered open as I caressed her face with the palm of my hand. I glided my hand down her body until I reached her hand. I grabbed it firmly then pecked her cheek. "Baby? You hear me?" she slowly nodded.

"They wanna take the baby out. He's not ready."

"I know Lana, but this might be our only chance at making sure he gets here safe."

She started crying and shaking her head. "Dellie, he can't come out yet."

"We have to do this for him. Okay?"

"....I didn't even get to change my last name yet. We have different last names." she sobbed but I kissed her to calm her down. I grabbed her hand tighter before releasing her lips.

"You're my wife, we don't need a paper to prove that. Let's go. We have to have this baby."
-
Do you think the baby will be okay? Keep on reading...