•8•

•8•

"Please don't bother me today." I spoke into my phone at my older brother as I looked around in the mall for something cute to add to my personal wardrobe. "I did not call for a lecture, all I want to know is how things are going in DR." I heard Mike chuckle.

He left a couple months back. It was supposed to be a regular trip with him and his buddies to Dominican Republic just to see the land..and the girls. But knowing Mike, it's never going to be just a regular situation with him. He met some girl and now he's head over heels for her only after about two months. I'm happy for him, but from what he's told me about her, doesn't make me think this is going to last too long. Apparently she's gorgeous, which I've heard many Dominican girls are, but she barely speaks any English. Mike doesn't even know how to say hello in Spanish. He tells me they have good conversations, but I think he's probably more into the sex than anything else.

And then he wants to get on the phone with me about how I need to watch every move Odell makes from now on. After speaking to him for a little while about the whole situation with Odell and his new locker room buddy, he thinks he's a relationship counselor. I didn't ask for advice. My sole purpose was to rant. I'll handle my relationship while he handles his. "I just want to look out for you baby sis."

"Yea, I know. But I'm good on the advice."

"At least I wasn't going to the extremes. 'Cuz, you know the old Mike would have told you to kill that nigga in his sleep." I giggled then rolled my eyes. He did have a point.

"Whatever, and what do you mean, the Old Mike?"

"The Mike before I met Rosa, duh."

I stopped examining the rack then look down at my phone to see if I was still talking to my middle, hotheaded, irritating, crazy ass brother who used to have the motto of always putting himself above any "hoe" that thought she could change him. "Oh really? So lemme guess, you're a new person after spending a couple months with a new girl you met a month ago?"

"Hey, don't use that tone with me, ight? I'm not crazy! I'm just...I'm just really happy." I smiled as his comment warmed my heart a little.

"If you're happy, I'm happy."

Odell Beckham Jr.

"You're an idiot if you think for one second I'm going to fuck around and get caught with another bitch." I whispered to Vic while standing near our lockers. Vic chuckled. "Obviously the idea isn't to get caught," he stated in a joking tone. "And I'm not saying you have to fuck one of them, just have dinner." I rolled my eyes. "Does your wife know about this?" Vic hit me with the nigga is you crazy face then shook his head in disbelief that I asked him such a question. "Clearly Elaina don't know, I wouldn't be telling you. Now, would I?"

"You just got in trouble for this type shit and you want to do it again?"

"O, I'm not tryna have sex with one of the bitches. I'm just having a little fun."

"You're married, no more fun." he rolled his eyes then slammed his locker shut. I did the same then turned around. I was about to walk away, but a small figure stood under me. I jumped back in fright then immediately took a sigh a relief seeing that it was only Sasha. "Woah, what's up ma?" asked Vic to her. She smiled then waved at him. "Hey Vic, I'm just stopping in to see Odell for a quick second." I looked up at the ceiling.