•35•

•35•

"But Dellie, just because he forgave you doesn't mean that he caught amnesia." Lana grabbed my hand and began rubbing on it in an attempt to comfort me from what happened earlier today with Jarvis. It was late and I wanted to go back to New York so bad. I wanted to go back to practice and focus on that versus everything going on in Miami. I had only been here two days and it turned out to be a shit show.

"I didn't expect him to forget, but damn...how long do I have to keep paying for this shit?"

She rubbed up and down on my chest while I laid my back completely on hers. "I mean..I don't know how you think forgiveness works, but it's not so cut and dry O."

"But with a situation like that? I mean, she wasn't good for him anyway. You know that night she came over wasn't a lie. She still fucked Heem." I listened to Lana sigh then begin to massage my shoulders. "I got him out of a bad situation, sorta. I kinda did him a favor-"

"And you see that's when you fuck up. When you start thinking like that." she pushed me off her chest and climbed out of bed. I quickly grabbed her wrist then pulled her back over to me. She wouldn't look me in my eyes. Just like J. "What? What did I do?" I asked, trying to get her to at least acknowledge I was still in the room again.

I know what I did was wrong, but Jarvis and Tasha weren't going to work out no matter how the stars aligned. Jarvis has too big of a heart and Tasha didn't have one at all. Her and I doing what we did wasn't right, but if anything that exposed how fucked up their relationship would have been if he actually did marry her. But no matter how I put that I'm still the bad guy.

"You're not the hero in this situation Odell. I know that type of mindset might be the only thing that helps you sleep at night, but understand that in reality you're not on the good side of the story. Don't forget that." she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I admit that what I did was wrong, but she wasn't-"

"So what, Odell? You sleeping with her didn't help ANYBODY in the situation. Not you, not her, not me, and most definitely not Jarvis. You didn't just prove that Tasha was a liar, you did the same thing for yourself. If she was a bad girlfriend then you were an even worse friend." Lana never spoke to me like this before. I sat on the edge of bed with her and tried bringing her closer to me. "I didn't mean it like that-"

"I'm gonna take a shower."I watched her as she walked into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

I knew she was hurt. I could tell by the way her voice began to shake. I rose off the bed and approached the bathroom door. I gently grabbed the knob and pushed the door open without a sound. She was facing the wall, holding her face as I heard cries coming from her direction. I took a deep breath then slowly snuck up on her. I snaked my arms around her waist from behind and began to put kisses on her neck and shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered before gently placing a kiss on her ear. She tried straightening herself up, but that only resulted in me fully being able to see the tears swell up in her eyes. I glided my finger on cheek to wipe them away.

"I fucked up, and I know it. I'm not the hero and I know that too. There's no excuse. I'm sorry."

She nodded slowly , but I knew the hurt was still there. "I really do want to take a shower. It's getting late and we leave early tomorrow."

"Alright, I'll let you get to it then." I let her waist go and slowly back out of the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I heard the lock click which frustrated me. I pressed my ear closely against the door only hear those same soft cries I heard before I left the room. I shook my head then approached our bed for the night. I'm still paying for this shit...
~
I grabbed my bags from out my locker and began rummaging through them looking for my shirt. I had just got out the showers so the towel was around my waist still, but my boxers were on as well. "We gotta talk." I heard come from my left-side. I looked up and saw Victor approaching me, also with a towel wrapped around his waist. "What?" I asked once then focusing on my bag again. Where the hell is my shirt?