•9•

•9•

"What?! I said Alana, I'm listening!" I tried my best to cover up from my mistake.

"No! I heard you! What the-?! Why the-?! UGH!! We literally just had a FUCKING argument about this bitch and you're already calling me her name?" I shook my head then sighed. "Baby, it's not what-" the phone line cut which angered me. I stuffed my phone in my pocket then basically sprinted to my car. I had to hurry up and get over to Lana's apartment before she bleached all my clothes I had left in her drawer. When I finally did reach my car, I just sat in the seat and thought for a minuet.

That kiss wasn't supposed to happen. Even if it was just a kiss, it wasn't supposed to happen. I refuse to slip back into that immature state I used to be a year ago because being without Alana was hell.

I sighed then pulled Sasha's number out of my pocket. This isn't something I need right now. This is only more unneeded drama.

I bawled UP the little paper then tossed it outside of my car before driving to the hell I had waiting for me at Alana's.

Alana Cardenas

I hate him. I hate him. Nothing in this world could make me love him again because I hate him. I can't stand the sound of his voice because I hate him. I don't want to see the look on his face because I hate him.

But I'm getting so worked up because I don't hate him...I love his dumbass. I'm more then conflicted about what I'm feeling right now.

Why? Why would you call me her name? When I'm on the phone speaking to you about some sexy lingerie that I purposefully brought just for you in the hopes that you would come home and give me something we both haven't had in a long time, why was she even on your mind?

Shortly after holding back my tears of anger and frustration I heard a loud knock at my door. "Alana, open up please!" I rolled my eyes then laid down on my couch. "I'm sorry, okay? Open the door so we can talk this out." I didn't speak. I kept my mouth closed and took deep breaths. I was heated and didn't think the best thing would be to hold any type of conversation with him or anyone at the moment. "Alana! I know you hear me!" I sighed then reached for my remote which was sitting on the coffee table in front of me. I turned on my tv and made sure the volume was as loud as it could go. "You being real immature right now Lana!" I heard his hypocritical ass from outside my apartment. I just stared at the door as if I could burn a hole through it. "You're acting like a little ass girl! Open the door so we can talk about it!" I chuckled because i found it funny how he can call me things like a little girl or immature when he's the one who constantly puts our relationship in a bad space. But if he wanted to see an immature little girl, then that's exactly what I'll give him. I got off the couch then walked over to the door. I twisted the knob and swung it open. Before he could even realize I had let him inside, my opened hand connected to the side of his face.

He stumbled back with his hand covering his now red cheek and a shocked expression on his face. "Damn Lana! You really had to put your hands on me?" I rolled my eyes then leaned against the frame of my door. "I'm surprised you even know my name." I smirked. He sighed then shrugged. "Listen, I'm sorry, okay? Can you just let me explain myself before you hit me again?"

"Then explain."

"Can I come in?"

"Speak before I shut this door in your face."

He sighed again. "Alright, I guess all I have to say is I'm sorry. I know we just had a conversation about this, but I keep messing up. Listen, I only called you by her name because..because she had kissed me and I-I..I was just," I closed my eyes then took a deep breath. He was still speaking, but I couldn't get over what he had previously just said to me. "Ya'll kissed?" I questioned with my arms now folded over my chest.

"..Yes, but I-"

My hand uncontrollably smacked him across the face again, but this time against the other cheek. He stumbled a little again, but this time he wasn't as shocked as he was before. "Alright, I guess I deserved that one." he spoke with a light chuckle, but I found nothing funny.

My eyes swelled with tears that I really tried so hard to keep from falling. "Baby, I'm sorry-" Odell tried to grab my waist and pulled me closer to him. I wiped my face quickly then backed away. I was sick and tired of looking weak in front of Odell. I didn't want to give him the opportunity to take advantage while I'm hurting by wrapping me in those big arms, kissing me, and making me feel like things are going to get better, but they never do. "Why would you kiss her?" I asked trying to calm myself down. "She kissed me first then I just kind of went along with it after a few seconds."

"..You sleeping with her?"

"Hell no, I told you I'm done hurting you. I'm done putting you through that." he tried reaching for my hand, but I pulled it away. "You're still putting me through it though." I wiped another tear away and looked down at my feet. He sighed then nodded. "You right, but I promise not to let anything go any further with that girl. It was a kiss and it could never change the way I feel about you Lana. I love you." he kissed my cheek. "You forgive me?" he whispered close to my ear and pulled me into a hug. I thought about it for a second.

I love him, but I don't want to go through the  same shit. I actually never really had the chance to take a break after him and I first ended things. I  jumped right into another relationship then as soon as that ended I had Odell chasing me all over Europe. Maybe time is exactly what the both of us could use. It's possible that we need to focus on so many other things before our relationship because if we keep having these type of issues then maybe its a sign that this wasn't meant for us.

"I need you to go."

He looked down at me. "What?"

"You heard me."

"So, what? You want me to call you tomorrow or something?"

I shook my head. "We need to really take a break. And I mean it this time. I need my time and my space to think and it would really mean a lot to me if time and space is exactly what you give to me." Odell rolled his eyes. "It was just a kiss Lana, we really have to do all this?"

"Yes, this is completely necessary. I don't want our relationship to be one big ass argument."

"Our relationship is so much more than that though."

"Is it really?"

"Yes, how could you even ask that?"

"Because we've been through this already. I'm not trying to go down this oath again. I didn't get the space I needed from you the first time so now I need to take this and really focus on me before I can decide if I even want to be with you anymore." I explained to him. "So, are we still together? How long you need this time?"

"As of right now I guess you can call yourself single."
-
Think Alana made the right choice breaking things off with Odell?🤔🤔🤔