•Finale•

•Finale•

"Da-dah!" Jr. sat on Odell's lap and clapped his hands together while he bounced him on his leg. I was in the sand, sitting in front of the both of them, digging my hands deeper underneath the ground for no reason at all. Simply because it just made me feel better. "You like being with dada at the beach baby?" Odell asked then tried to place his feet on the ground in between his legs. "Go to mama.." he instructed.

Jr. hadn't learned that word yet. But he had a general clue where he had to go. I quickly pulled my hands from the sand then shook some of the excess off. I opened my arms and watched as Jr. took tiny steps towards me. His little legs shook as the sand impeded his movement more than he had wished. Suddenly, his body gave up and landed on the beach. Odell and I chuckled as he whined and cried out for some assistance. "Okay baby, c'mere." I sat up and grabbed him. His whining stopped as he sat in my lap. Odell got on the ground the started crawling towards us. "Sand is hard baby boy...but you been doing good in the house." Odell attempted to cheer him up, as if he could understand what was being said in the first place. But he wasn't lying.

Jr. had been walking around a lot at home and making a lot of noise. Infamously, his favorite word is dada. I don't get mad at him though, because he'll refer to both of us as dada—it just depends on the time of day and who's looking more like a dada to him I guess. Either way, everything had been going well. His first birthday was only a few months ago and that's when he decided to surprise everyone with his first steps. My baby had been growing up so fast.

"You good?" I felt a pair of lips peck my cheek and an arm snake around my waist.

I smiled then nodded at him. "I'm perfect."

I wasn't over exaggerating either. The weather was beautiful and I loved being with just them. The season was over so I had Odell with me much more than I normally would. And after he won the Super Bowl, he told me he wanted to focus on us more. Did that mean retirement? I can only hope.

"Hey! You're Odell Beckham Jr!" I looked up and saw these little kids run over to us.

I looked over my shoulder at Odell and noticed how unamused he appeared. "Hey yall—not right now...I'm with my wife and son-"

"It's okay, just be quick." I assured him then moved out of his way so he could take pictures with the kids. He shrugged then stood to his feet. I bounced Jr in my lap and watched as he stared at his daddy and those other children. He frowned his lips then tossed his head on my chest. Jealous, just like his father. I rubbed his back then kissed the top of his head.

"Thank you! I'm your biggest fan I swear!"

Odell chuckled then handed them their phones back. "No problem, enjoy your vacation."

The kids ran off and Odell immediately went to folding up the beach chairs. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Leaving. I don't wanna be here when they bring the rest of their friends this way. Come on."

~

A rush of applause and cheers came from both of our families as we all sat at the long dinner table on the beach. The lūʻau had started less than thirty minutes ago, but I had already seen three men toss fire rings in the air and catch them with their bare hands. It was amazing. And the moonlight shining down on all of it made everything look even greater.

Jr, much like the entire day, had been in my lap— enjoying the festivities and taking in as much as he could comprehend. My brothers, Crystal, and Jordyn had been sitting directly across from us. Odell to my left. Jarvis to my right. My dad on the far end of the table and Odell's family surrounded near him. "You enjoying yourself?" Odell leaned back and whispered in my ear. I smiled and nodded. It was great. I was happy to see that everyone was able to make this trip. I enjoyed spending time with my entire family. This was really good for our son too.