•49•

•49•

Alana stood on the other side of our bed back home and folded the last bit of clothes we had packed for the trip. I sighed then climbed over to her side. She ignored me, but I grabbed her waist. "Let's lay down, I'm still tired." she shook her head and just went back to putting clothes away.

If I was being totally honest, I was probably just as freaked out and concerned about this situation as she was. But I knew sulking about it and making it seem like this was the end of the world would only hurt us, not help. Alana isn't speaking because she doesn't know what to say and I get that. I get that 100 percent. But last time I checked, she begged me not to shut her out of this situation. So she can't do the same to me.

"Hey," I shouted then grabbed her wrist. "I'm asking you to lay down with me...please."

I watched her sigh then hesitantly nod and climb into bed. I followed then pulled the comforter over both our bodies. "I'm freaking out," she confessed.

"I know you are. But I promise I'm here."

"I know...I just don't like the way she was talking on the phone Dell. There's something definitely wrong with her." I nodded then kissed her forehead. I've been saying this. Truthfully speaking, I never imagined her to be psychotic. I sorta just envisioned her as one of those idiots that couldn't take the hint. A desperate groupie? Yes. A mental patient? Not exactly. "We did our part though...we got the restraining order and I still have ample time to spend with you before I go back to the field."

"You're not bummed out about the play offs?" I shook my head. That was a lie.

"I don't care, I only care about spending time with you and our baby." I grabbed her hand and kissed her ring finger. She blushed then melted in my arms. I held her tightly then watched as she relaxed for the first time tonight and closed her eyes.

Today was a lot. We flew in at around five this morning and headed straight for the police station. We got our restraining order against Sasha, which took about three hours of repetitive questioning. Then, of course, we had to stop by mom's house and let her know what's up with the whole situation. She gave us some pretty good advice. She also agreed to watch over Lana for me while I dip out through the week. I'm not putting it past Sasha to try and show up at the house, considering it's confirmed she knows exactly where I live. Then while Lana was over my mom's, I had to head out to my boy Blu's place and check out some...inventory. The best piece he showed me was 357 mag revolver. I thought that would be perfect for the house. It's small enough to fit somewhere safe, yet will still put a hole in somebody.

I don't have a big interest in guns, but this whole thing has me shook up honestly. I feel like I'm not doing enough to protect Lana or my son by just standing around and waiting for the police to involve themselves. I need to be ready for anything to ensure everyone's safety.

"Dell?" she broke me from my thoughts in a faint voice.

"Yes baby?"

"Go to the market for me?" I huffed then shook my head.

"I'll go to the market and get whatever you need, you just have to come with me." she whined then shook her head.

"I can't get out of bed right now. My feet are so swollen."

"I can't leave you in the house by yourself, we already talked about this already."

She sat up slowly then sighed. "Nevermind, I'll just starve then." I chuckled at her dramatic attempt to make me feel bad. "What do y'all want? I'll order it for you."

"No, it's late anyway. I shouldn't." she laid back down on my chest. As soon as her head hit my body the phone rang. I jumped up quickly to see who it was. I grabbed the phone and saw an unfamiliar number. I shook my head then turned the phone completely off. "You think that was her?" she asked. "More than likely."