Chapter 6~ The Boy's Feelings Grow Stronger With Time

August 2012

Niall’s P.O.V.

I sighed and walked out of my flat as Bailey continued to keep her back to me. I felt bad for being so stubborn, but with the album coming out in a couple of months and the newest single and video  being out next week, I just didn’t have time or energy to watch what I was eating and how much I was sleeping. I was exhausted though. I needed sleep.

We were busy now, recording the album, but focusing mostly on the second single. Ed had written it when he was 17 but it was never produced and he gifted it to us. It was such a beautiful song. It let girls know exactly why they were perfect the way they were. It was like the older sister to “What Makes You Beautiful.”

I walked through the door and saw the lads all sucking down coffee like it was water in a hot desert.

“Alright back to work,” Liam said as Louis yawned.

“Can we please take a nap first,” Zayn mumbled rubbing his eyes. “I can’t even focus.”

“No we need to get this done,” a crew worker said.

“The release isn’t even set until November,” I pointed out.

“That doesn’t mean we can slack off Niall. Now come on, get back to Lou,” he snapped.

We all groaned and took our coffee with the triple-shot of espresso to get styled.

“No really mum he talks in his sleep,” I heard a voice say hours later, waking me up from my nap.

“Yeah I swear he tried to say ‘chicken and rice,’” the voice continued. “Well of course mum this is Niall.”

I opened my eyes and saw Bailey watching me with a smile as she talked on the phone.

“Got to go he’s awake. Alright love you too. Bye,” she said hanging up the phone.

“Have a nice nap sleeping beauty?” she laughed.

“Shut up,” I said. “I thought you weren’t going to play nurse.”

“I wasn’t,” she said. “But I felt bad so help me wake up the lads and then we can eat.”

I ran over to Liam but she stopped me.

“No wait,” she smiled evilly. “Let’s have fun with this.”

She leaned over so her mouth was right next to Zayn’s ear.

 “Zayn, I accidentally threw out all your hair stuff,” she said.

Zayn jerked awake and looked at her in horror as she laughed and walked over to Liam.

“Liam, the boys trashed the recording studio. They caused a riot.”

Liam sat straight up and looked around in horror as Bailey walked over to where Harry was sleeping.

“Harry, Zayn straightened your hair,” Bailey said.

Harry actually screamed a little as he sat straight up and put a hand to his untouched curls.

We all began laughing, but I stopped as I saw him give Bailey a long, loving hug. Their whole relationship just made me a different person. I was fine until I saw them together, just back from a date or just sitting like every couple should. Then I would get hurt, and angry.

I hadn’t realized how much I did love Bailey until this had begun happening. I thought this was just a typical teenage crush, but when she had begun showing interest in Harry that he showed her, and it was almost like a physical pain in my chest. It was like I could literally feel my heart breaking every single time.