Chapter 11 ~ Girl Sees More

November 2012

Bailey’s P.O.V.

There was definitely something up with Niall. I didn’t know what it was, but ever since Halloween, when we were talking about Liam’s broken heart, it was like he was a different person.

He was avoiding me more; it was like he felt guilty about something. He was really busy with the band, especially with the album coming out this month, so most mornings it was a quick “hi” as he raced to whatever meeting he had. I hardly saw him at night as he came home so late.

It was really bumming me out that I wasn’t seeing him as much. I was leaving in a month and who knew when I’d be able to see him after that? I wanted to spend more time with him, not less.

Sure I understood he needed to work, he couldn’t stop just for me, but at the same time, it would have been nice to spend some time with him.

“Cancel all your plans for the 13th,” he said coming in the flat one night. I looked up from my book and said, “Why?”

“The album release party!” he said excitedly.

I laughed and said, “Consider my night free.”

“Good,” he said. “So what’d you do today?”

“Not much,” I shrugged. “It was too cold outside to go anywhere so I just stayed in and read. How was your day?”

“Exhausting,” he sighed running a hand over his face and flopping down next to me. “You’d think by now I’d have gotten used to it, but no. I’m still not used to all the stress of a new album.”

“I’m sure it’ll be amazing and the fans will love it,” I said.

“You don’t know that,” he said. “I mean what if compared to Up All Night, this one is awful?”

“Niall if they’re true fans, they’ll love it no matter what,” I assured the worried lad. “You guys have great voices, especially together, and let’s face it, you’re all cute, your fans love you, they’ll love whatever you put out.”

He looked at me as if I had offended him.

“What?” I asked.

He just blinked without a reply.

“What did I say?” I asked.

Cute?” he asked. “We’re just cute?

I laughed and said, “OK I take it back. You guys are sexy beasts.”

He smiled in approval before I continued, “Except for you. You go back to the trash can.”

His mouth dropped open as I laughed and said, “Kidding, kidding, totally kidding.”

“I don’t believe you,” he pouted.

“How bout if I take you out for ice cream will you believe me then?” I asked.

“Yes,” he said perking up.

“Well come on then hungry boy,” I said standing up and grabbing my keys.

That was the most normal afternoon I’d spent with Niall since Halloween. He wasn’t acting strange, wasn’t avoiding my eyes, nothing was awkward. It was like we were back to being kids again, before his fame and before the band. It was like being the 13 year old girl who was messing around with her best friend. I didn’t realize until then how much I missed, and would miss Niall once I was gone again. What was I going to do without him there every day?

“What am I going to do without you?” I asked later that night as we sat watching the telly together. “After six months of you in my face every day what am I going to do?”