Chapter 26 ~ A Year After The Beginning: Niall

June 2013

Niall’s P.O.V.

London. This was where everything had begun. I was back on a break, but I didn’t want to be. I wanted to be on tour and away from home, because here, everything had Bailey written all over it.

That couch was where she sat with me while we watched TV and stuffed our faces; the island in the kitchen where she would eat breakfast before she could function to go through the day; that door that led into the room where she’d stayed; her key was still sitting on the table where she’d left it. I’d never had the heart to move it. She was everywhere. And that’s what killed me day after day.

She was in every venue, her smile on every face, every voice sounded like hers. She was at every signing, there was a raven haired girl, there was a girl with her eyes, there was a girl with her laugh. She was in every restaurant, every note I sang, every look I gave, every breath I took. She never left my mind.

A year ago I was so excited for my best friend to come see me…and now, I didn’t have her anymore. I missed her so badly, even fans, management, everyone knew. I wasn’t the same anymore. I hadn’t been the same since she’d left.

At the moment, I was in my room on my laptop. I had downloaded a new program and I was making a mix of all Bailey’s favorite songs. Not like a playlist, but bits and pieces fit together. I was going to send it with all the letters I owed her.

I heard my front door open and close and I listened to the footsteps come closer to my room before there was a soft knock.

“Niall?”

I froze. Could it be? Was Bailey here? I swear that was her voice.

“Bailey?” I called moving my computer and walking closer to the door.

“Yes,” I heard her answer. I opened the door quickly and was immediately ambushed by laughter as Louis held his phone up to the door.

“Not funny!” I walked back to my bed.

“Oh come on Niall lighten up,” Louis said hopping on my bed. “You need to get out of this mopey state. It’s not good for you or the band.”

“Well I’m sorry if I don’t feel like running around in joy and laughter,” I said. “My heart is broken.”

“Niall it’s been six months,” Harry spoke up. “Don’t you think it’s time to move on?”

“I don’t want to,” I said. “I don’t want to move on from Bailey. I love her. She’s everything I want and more. She’s perfect in my eyes. I don’t want anyone else, I want her. She’s my princess.”

“Why won’t you move on?” Liam asked, not in a mean way, but more curiosity.

“Why?” I asked. “Because no one’s ever looked so good in a dress and it hurts ‘cause I know she be mine tonight. No one’s ever made me feel like she does when she smiles and I don’t know how to make this right. And you guys say it’s not really worth it, but even if that’s true, no one in the world could stop me from not moving on, even if I wanted to. Nobody compares to her. I don’t even care that I used our song for that, it’s the truth. Every word.”

“You need to tell her then mate,” Zayn said. “You need to talk to her about everything that’s happened.”

“I need the timing to be perfect though,” I said. “I can’t call her when she’s in the middle of work.”

“As long as you call her,” Louis said. “You two really need to talk.”

“I know,” I sighed. “I’m just worried that she still hates me and that she won’t want to talk, she’ll just hang up. What if she never wants to see me again?”