Chapter 12 ~ The Girl's Last Month

December 2012

Bailey’s P.O.V.

“Oh come on Niall, it’s freezing. Can we just go home?” I asked as we walked to the ice skating rink.

“You’re such a wimp!” he laughed at me. “It’s December, of course it’s cold. And you love ice skating!”

“Not when it’s 10 degrees and snowing,” I said wrapping my jacket tighter around me. It was way too cold out here.

But Niall had insisted I didn’t know London in the winter until I went ice skating here with him and he had made sure I came with him tonight. Niall rented skates and we began to skate around, me gripping the wall of the rink as I moved slowly around and him skating slowly next to me, trying not to laugh.

“Shut up Niall,” I yelled at him as I slipped and fell and he laughed. “I’m not the girl from Ice Princess.”

“You look like an ice princess,” he said. I looked on my black coat and saw ice sticking to it.

Finally I got the hang of ice skating and I was skating circles around Niall. Literally. He was moving straight as I circled around him.

 “Not so cocky now are you?” I smirked as he fell.

“Shut up!” he said standing back up again. “I’m done with this. Let’s go get cocoa.”

“Don’t be a sour puss just because I’m now better at ice skating than you are,” I said.

“Oh come on Bailey I’m sore.”

I shook my head. “10 more minutes.”

He groaned and I laughed and pulled him up so he was standing and continued to skate. 10 minutes of laughing as Niall continued to fall later and we were returning our skates and walking to the cocoa stand. Niall bought us each a cup and we walked back to the car.

“I can’t believe it’s December already,” I said. “I’m leaving in two weeks.”

“No don’t,” he whined like a child. “Stay here!”

“Niall if I quit this internship, my mum will kill me,” I said. “She wants me to do something with my life. She doesn’t want me going off like you did.”

I laughed as his jaw fell to the floor in shock and I said, “OK that last part wasn’t true, you know my mum loves you. But she really does want me to do something with my life.”

“And how is working at an American teen magazine doing something with your life?” Niall asked.

“Well I have to start somewhere,” I said. “I want to be a fashion photographer and starting for an American teen fashion magazine is perfect.”

I was going to be interning at Seventeen in New York. I wasn’t sure what exactly what it was going to entail, but I knew that starting small could build me up to where I wanted to be.

“Well Skype them and stay here. Or just find a magazine here to work for,” Niall ordered.

“Niall as much as I would love to stay here with you, I can’t,” I said. “I have to spread my wings. I can’t stay here my whole life and not know what else is out there. I want to be a fashion photographer because yeah, I love clothes and photography, but I want to travel and that will give me a chance to go places I probably wouldn’t have gone otherwise. I’ll get to go and see the world, see places I’ve only seen in magazines and on the internet. Going to New York is the first step.”

He looked over at me as he stopped at a stoplight. “As much as I want you to stay, I understand that.”

I smiled and said, “Thank you. Trust me, we won’t become strangers. I mean you’re rich now, you can hop on a plane and come visit me whenever you want!”