Chapter 24 ~ The Boy's Princess

May 2013

Niall’s P.O.V.

Five months. I could hardly wrap my head around it. Five months. Bailey and I had never gone this long without talking to each other. It was making me crazier every day.

“Hey Niall I’m going to shop with El-,” Louis began.

“Pass,” I said.

A little while later, “Niall me and Perrie-,”

“Not in the mood.”

Later, “I’m going with Danielle to-,”

“Maybe another time,” was the answer.

I wasn’t against going out with the lads, but them and their girlfriends? I could handle seeing them happy together. I couldn’t handle seeing them be able to hug them close, kiss them if they wanted, hold their hands. Not when I couldn’t do the same.

“Niall I’m going out, wanna come?”

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“I figured I’d go to that club we passed earlier. You in?”

I looked up at the tattooed, green-eyed lad and nodded. “Yeah alright.”

Maybe all I needed was to go out and drink and let go for a while.

I followed Harry into the club and looked around as we entered. It looked like every other club we’d ever been to. Loud, people dancing. I needed a drink.

Harry and I made our way to the bar and he was immediately intercepted by a curvy blonde. Harry looked at me apologetically but I waved him away and he took his beer with her to the dance floor.

I sat at the bar, staring at a spot on the wall behind it as I brought the foamy beer to my lips.

“Rough night?”

I looked to my right and saw a brunette girl standing next to me. “Rough life is more like it,” I sighed in response to her question.

“Aren’t they all,” she said hopping on the stool next to me and ordering a drink for herself. “My boyfriend broke up with me for my best friend after three years of a relationship.”

“What an idiot,” I said. “I fell in love with my best friend and when I told her, she just…left. I haven’t seen or heard from her since December.”

“Yikes,” the girl replied. “Sounds rough.”

“Sorry what was your name?” I asked.

“Mandy,” she smiled.

“Niall,” I smiled in return.

“Oh right. That’s your friend with my sister over there,” she said pointing back to where Harry was dancing with the blonde from earlier.

“We’re the only single ones left in the band now,” I said. “Difference is, there’s only one person I want to be with.”

“You haven’t talked since December?” she asked. I nodded. “You still feel the same way?” I nodded again. “I think you love her a lot more than you think. Most guys get over something like this and go out a week later and start moving on already.”

“I just want to be with her so badly. It’s making me crazy,” I said.

“You’ve fallen pretty hard Niall,” she said. “That’s never going to go away. If you really want to be with her, you can. But you have to go about it the right way. You should talk to her, see how she’s feeling about everything.”