Chapter 7~The Girl Is Forgetful

September 2012

Bailey’s P.O.V.

“Good morning Bailey,” Niall grinned broadly coming downstairs. “Notice anything different about me?”

I looked up from my book and said, “Did you get a haircut?”

“What? No,” he said in surprise. “I mean…do you…do you not know what today is?”

“Thursday?” I ventured trying to contain laughter as his face fell.

Actually, today was his birthday. I had everything planned with the boys. We were going to pretend that we had forgotten today was our little leprechaun’s birthday and act like it was just a normal day.

He went into the kitchen to get coffee and I quickly texted Harry.

To: Harbear

He looked at me like I was crazy, but he definitely has no clue(:

From: Harbear

Awesome(: we’re almost set over here. Bring him over around 3.

To: Harbear

Got it.

“What should we do today Nialler?” I asked as he came in the room.

“We should hang out with the lads,” he answered and I knew he was trying to get me with them in hopes they would remind me it was his birthday.

“Niall I’ve been with them every day since I’ve been here,” I said. “I need a break. And besides, I haven’t really spent any one on one time with you.”

He blinked at me in shock and said, “Uh OK. Should we just like…I don’t know go shopping or something?”

“Shopping?” I perked up right away.

“Sure,” he smiled.

“Be back in 20,” I said running upstairs to change and do my hair and makeup.

“OK I need to be back by 2,” I said. “I have places to go and people to see.”

He nodded and I could see he was confused, hurt, and a little mad that after 14 years of friendship, I had forgotten his birthday.

We walked around the mall for a while before driving back so I could get ready to go. I had seen a t-shirt in a store that said “I <3 Niall” and thought it was hilarious. I showed Niall, not planning on buying it, but then he made me so I decided to wear it. I pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and my black high tops before pulling my hair into a low ponytail.

“I still can’t believe you made me buy this,” I said coming downstairs. Niall looked at me and grinned. “It looks good on you.”

“Whatever,” I said. “You wanna come with me?”

“Where are you going?” he asked.

“I just going to meet some people,” I shrugged. “No biggie. You in?”

“Nah I’m good,” he said a little forlornly.

“Come on it’s going to be fun,” I pushed. “There’s going to be food.”

His head snapped towards me and he said, “What kind of food?”

“Does it matter?” I asked.

“No,” he said standing up. “Let’s go.”

I smiled as we went out to his car and I got in the driver’s seat. I drove to the place where we were going to give him the shock of his life as he said, “Where are we going?”