Chapter 14 ~ The Boy's Confession

December 2012

The boy’s heart breaks and shatters a little more everyday as he watches his best friend continually see him as nothing more than a friend or brother. He loves her with all of his being, all of his soul. She makes him crazy, but in a good way.

He’ll settle back into his role as a friend and brother, everything will be normal until she says something about him being her best friend. The truth shatters his bubble and he snakes back into his shell.

The girl is becoming more suspicious. She knows there is something wrong. She knows something is eating him up inside. She knows he isn’t telling her something.

Time is running out for the Irish lad. He has two weeks until his love must leave and who knows when they’ll see each other again?

His friends advice isn’t helping, the brown haired boy telling him to let her go, the dark haired lad telling him to tell her, the curly haired one telling him he should make her fall for him before telling her, and the bald one saying he needs to think about how she would react before doing anything rash.

The boy is confused. He doesn’t know whose advice to take. Time is running out. The girl knows this as well. She knows winter means it’s time for her good-bye. What she doesn’t know is how in love her best friend is with her.

Two weeks. That’s all he has. He needs to move quickly now…

Niall’s P.O.V.

“I’m leaving in two weeks,” Bailey said after we had finished ice skating.

“No don’t,” I whined. “Stay here!”

“Niall if I quit this internship, my mum will kill me,” she said. “She wants me to do something with my life. She doesn’t want me going off like you did.”

She laughed as my jaw dropped in shock and she said, “OK that last part wasn’t true, you know my mum loves you. But she really does want me to do something with my life.”

“And how is working at an American teen magazine doing something with your life?” I asked.

“Well I have to start somewhere,” she said. “I want to be a fashion photographer and starting for an American teen fashion magazine is perfect.”

 “Well Skype them and stay here. Or just find a magazine here to work for,” I ordered her. I couldn’t stand the thought of being away from her now, not after 6 months together.

“Niall as much as I would love to stay here with you, I can’t,” she said. “I have to spread my wings. I can’t stay here my whole life and not know what else is out there. I want to be a fashion photographer because yeah, I love clothes and photography, but I want to travel and that will give me a chance to go places I probably wouldn’t have gone otherwise. I’ll get to go and see the world, see places I’ve only seen in magazines and on the internet. Going to New York is the first step.”

I looked over at her as I stopped at a stoplight. “As much as I want you to stay, I understand that.”

She smiled and said, “Thank you. Trust me, we won’t become strangers. I mean you’re rich now, you can hop on a plane and come visit me whenever you want!”

“You better let me know when you’re in England for a shoot so I can come see you.”

“Yes your highness,” she rolled her eyes.

I laughed as we walked up to the flat. She said good night and went to her room, but I stayed up. I couldn’t sleep.

Two weeks. I had two weeks with her and then, poof, she was gone just like that. I had to do something. I couldn’t let her leave without her knowing. I didn’t know when I was going to see her next and what if she found someone in New York and I was too late?