Chapter 8 ~ Birthday Boy

September

Niall’s P.O.V.

She’d forgotten my birthday. I couldn’t believe it. I’d come downstairs expecting her to be jumping up and down excited about it and she just acted like it was any other day.

15 years and she’d forgotten my birthday.

We ended up going shopping until she needed to come back and change for…wherever she was going.

“I still can’t believe you made me buy this,” she said coming downstairs. I looked at her and grinned. “It looks good on you.”

She’d found a shirt that said “I <3 Niall” on it and I’d made her buy it. I guess it’d count as a birthday present.

“Whatever,” she said. “You wanna come with me?”

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“I just going to meet some people,” she shrugged. “No biggie. You in?”

“Nah I’m good,” I said a little forlornly. She had actually forgotten my birthday. And she hadn’t been on Twitter all day which meant she wasn’t seeing fan tweets…not even the boys had tweeted me or called, anything.

“Come on it’s going to be fun,” she pushed. “There’s going to be food.”

My head snapped towards her and I said, “What kind of food?”

“Does it matter?” she asked.

“No,” I said standing up. “Let’s go.”

She began to drive and I asked, “Where are we going?”

“I don’t know. I got directions from them,” she answered.

“What are you even planning on doing?” I asked.

“I don’t know,” she said again. “I think we’re just hanging out here, having a few drinks, you know the usual.”

“The usual?” I asked in a little concern.

“Shut up!” she yelled as I laughed. “You know I’m not a heavy drinker. Alright we’re here.”

We walked up to the club that was still and dark.

“Are you sure we’re in the right place?” I asked.

“Positive,” she answered smoothly. “Just go inside you chicken, I forgot something in the car.”

This was all really suspicious. I felt like I was in the beginning of one of the crime shows where the famous blonde Irishman gets murdered outside a club.

I opened the door and left it there for Bailey. It was all dark inside, nothing was sounding, nothing moved, just dark.

The door slammed and I spun around. I didn’t see anyone there.

“Bailey?” I called. Silence greeted me. “Bailey! If this is some kind of joke this isn’t funny Bailey!”

“Niall,” a hoarse whisper filled my ear, making me jump and let out an inhuman sound as the lights went on suddenly and I heard a loud, “Surprise!”

I looked and saw all the lads and a bunch of my closest friends all laughing at my sure to be stupid look on my face.

“Did you really think I could forget your birthday Nialler?” Bailey laughed as she hugged me. “Happy Birthday!”

“That wasn’t funny!” I said to her.

“Yeah it was,” Zayn laughed as the lads came over. I had to give it to Bailey, she threw some great parties. She’d managed to keep everything quiet until tonight and then it was like the best night ever.