Chapter 9 ~ The Girl Becomes Suspicious

October 2012

Bailey’s P.O.V.

“Niall Horan I hate you!” I yelled as I walked through the front door. “Oh hey guys.”

Everyone was laughing as I yelled at Niall.

“What did I do?” he asked.

“Did you see my name on your phone and ignore it as I called you from the mall so I wouldn’t have to walk home in the pouring rain?” I asked taking off my ruined combat boots and throwing them on the porch. “I had to walk 6 blocks in the rain before I finally found a place to buy an umbrella and even then I got soaked. Look at me. I’m a mess!”

And I was. My flannel shirt was sticking to my body, my leggings were drenched, my socks were making squishy sounds every time I took a step, my bag was dripping on the floor, my makeup was running, and my hair was frizzing out because I had just gone from cold and wet to warm and dry.

“Crap I’m sorry,” Niall apologized.

“If I get pneumonia I hope you’re ready to quit the band to nurse me back to health,” I said going upstairs.

“Liam won’t let me!” he called back triumphantly.

“I will too!” Liam protested.

“HA!” I yelled as I shut my door.

I brushed my hair out and sprayed it with frizz control spray before changing into yoga pants and a jacket.

“I’m already in a mood so if I find out you finished my brownies from my mom, I’ll kill you,” I said as I went downstairs. “Niall!”

“It wasn’t me!” he defended himself. “Zayn ate the last one!”

“Lies!” Zayn yelled.

“Niall you owe me brownies!” I said throwing the empty package away.

“Did you at least find something good at the mall?” El asked.

“The problem with living in walking distance of the mall is I go all the time, therefor not finding anything new. So no, I didn’t find anything good at the mall,” I sighed flopping down next to Niall.

“Pizza?” Niall asked grabbing the phone.

“I could eat a horse,” I said.

He laughed and began to make the call as closed my eyes. I was exhausted.

Lately, I hadn’t been able to sleep. I’d been finally drifting off at 3AM and waking up at around 8. I didn’t know what was going on. My internal clock was just having fun on vacation apparently.

I was having trouble keeping my eyes open as I ate that night. I was almost looking forward to all of them leaving so I could go and sleep.

But then Louis had to be Louis and say, “We should go out!”

And of course everyone wanted to.

“Pass,” I yawned.

“What?” they all looked at me in shock.

“No! Bailey! You have to come!” Louis begged. “You’re the fun one! No offense.”

“I can’t,” I yawned again. “I’m absolutely dead right now. But you guys go. Have fun.”

I went upstairs as they began to make plans. I was in the bathroom, washing my face and getting ready for bed when I heard a soft knock.

“Come in,” I called.