Chapter 4~The Boy's Summer Love

July 2012

Niall’s P.O.V.

I sat with the boys downstairs, waiting for Bailey so we could leave for dinner. We were taking her to a fancy restaurant in the city and so I knew she wanted to look her best. It didn’t matter though. Even if she went in sweats, she’d be beautiful.

There was that thinking again, the thinking I needed to stop. Thinking that way was going to get me nowhere. I was just being a normal 18 year old kid, it happened to everyone. Every teenager went through a time when they thought they were in love with someone, but it always turned out they weren’t. That’s what was happening. Normal teenage stuff.

Yeah right, I contradicted myself.

“Time check!” Bailey called again from upstairs like she had been all evening.

“Five minutes,” I called back.

She swore and I heard her pace pick up as she tried to finish whatever she was doing in five minutes.

“Time!” Harry called five minutes later.

“Wait I only have one shoe on!” she yelled and we all laughed. “Crap where’d my lip gloss go?”

“Alright,” she said a couple minutes later. “Had I had more time I could have done better but it’ll do.”

I looked at her as she came downstairs and I swear my heart stopped beating.

She was absolutely breath-taking.

Stop it Niall, I scolded myself. You’re not supposed to think that way.

Well it wasn’t like I could help it.

Her black hair was curled beautifully with the front strands pulled back, her makeup was simple, but it made her brilliant green eyes pop. Her dress was strapless, silver sparkles at the top and a light aqua skirt that was higher in the front and lower in the back. She had on black heels and was carrying a black bag and she had a smile on her face as her silver jewelry glinted in the light.

“Wow you look great,” Harry grinned at her.

I felt my hands ball up in fists.

Oh calm yourself, I thought. You don’t have a claim on her.

“Thanks,” she smiled.

“We just have to pick up the girls from Zayn’s and then we can head to the restaurant,” I said.

“Sounds good,” she said turning her eyes to me. I smiled in return as I felt my stomach flutter.

Stop it. You know it can’t happen. Stop it.

We got in the car and I was sat between Bailey and Harry. He seemed to be taking a fancy to the black haired girl and that set me off. The thought of them together made my blood boil. I knew I loved her and-

Stop. You can’t think that way.

The rest of the girls hopped in the car and we drove to the restaurant. The July night was warm, but not hot so it was very comfortable for us all.

“Seriously you guys, you didn’t have to go to all this trouble just for me,” Bailey said for what had to be the thousandth time. “I would have been fine with takeout.”

“For the last time Bailey,” I began.

“It wasn’t a problem,” Liam finished with a smile.

“I guess I keep forgetting my best friend isn’t that geeky kid from Mullingar anymore,” Bailey said as I gave her a look and the boys laughed. “He’s world famous.”