Chapter 16 ~ The Boy's Broken Heart

January 2013

Niall’s P.O.V.

“Niall? Niall!”

“What?” I asked, finally hearing Liam calling my name.

“Did you want to come to lunch with us?” he asked.

I shook my head. “Just bring something back for me.”

He nodded and the lads left my hotel room. I rolled over in bed so I was facing the window. I wasn’t the same person anymore. I hadn’t been ever since Bailey had left. I couldn’t even fake it for the fans. I was doing OK, cracking jokes and being a stupid boy, but nowhere near as much as I had during the previous tour.

Bailey had taken a part of me when she left. I hadn’t been the same since I woke up that morning and realized she was gone. I knew she was going to leave anyway, I had been preparing myself for it, but I also knew I was going to miss her like crazy. But having her just pack up and leave, not even a good-bye, just a note, that killed me. I missed her, it was like I was gone at the X Factor or on tour again.

But this time, calls weren’t being exchanged, texts and pictures weren’t being sent, we weren’t in contact with each other. Zayn and Liam had both told me I needed to wait. She was confused and upset and she needed time and space to clear her mind before she could do anything. Harry and Louis on the other hand, wanted me to suck it up and call her.

I took Zayn and Liam’s advice though, diving for my phone every time it went off, hoping Bailey’s name would be flashing on my screen. I kept thinking I was seeing on out on the streets, sitting in a coffee shop, reading a book in the park, shopping in the mall, everywhere I went, I saw her and it wasn’t making things easier.

“Here Niall,” Liam said coming in my room.

I looked over at him holding a sack of something that smelled delicious.

“Thanks,” I said sitting up and grabbing it from him.

“You need to get out of this hotel room mate,” he said as I dug in. “It’s going to make you crazy, and waiting for your phone to ring isn’t going to make things easier for you, you’re just going to be disappointed.”

“So what do you suggest I do?” I asked.

“Come out with us tonight. Just try and forget, try and get back to where you were when she was here.”

“Fine I’ll go with you,” I gave in. “But I can never forget. I can’t forget Bailey and what I did to her Liam. I can’t.”

“OK, you don’t have to,” he said.

I nodded, confirming everything and then began to get ready for a night out with the lads. Who knew, maybe I’d meet someone and I could forget about Bailey for a while.

“And I wake up the next morning and she’d packed up and left,” I sighed before finishing off my beer.

I had met a girl, beautiful and blonde and I had thought I could get my mind off Bailey, but here I was, spilling everything to her.

“That’s so horrible, I’m sorry,” she said. “Have you talked to her?”

“Not since that night,” I sighed. “My friends told me I should wait and let her call me since she’s hurt and confused. So I’m just waiting for my phone to ring.

At that moment, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out. My heart started pounding as I hit the accept button and walked to a quiet corner.

“Bailey?” I asked. “Is that really you?”

“Yes Niall. I loooove you too!” a high pitched voice said.