Chapter 41

My primogems are officially sold to Ayato. The same goes for my soul. I lost my last 50/50 on Xiao so Ayato can't dodge my wishes.

"I have the feeling that either answer is going to deeply hurt at least one person

"I have the feeling that either answer is going to deeply hurt at least one person..." You look back and forth between your two options and then at your little companion. "Hey Rosa, if you had to make this decision, who would you choose?", you whisper.

Without any long delay it floats towards the group of three and sits down on Hu Tao's hat.

Offering Zhongli an apologetic look you walk towards the brunette and her friends. "That's my decision then too. Sorry Zhongli but the almighty orb apparently doesn't favor you. Maybe another time."

Before the Archon can react in any way Hu Tao drags you behind her with an overjoyed smile. "See ya later Mr. Zhongli! Please finish the work I gave you yesterday~"

On your way outside you drop the pouch you got as a gift without noticing it.

Having walked for a while, you see that your destination is the place you for some reason get most of your meals, the Liuli Pavilion. Just like the other ones, you take a seat at the already set table. Since Chongyun and Xingqiu go to the same side you go with Hu Tao to the other.

"I already ordered for another plate and a set of silverware, you just have to wait a moment (Y/N).", Xingqiu says.

You gesture that you want nothing of it. "There is no need for that, really. Neither do I have the money to pay for myself in here, nor do I want anyone else to pay for me. Even if it wasn't with you, I went here way too often without paying for it."

Hu Tao leans on your shoulder. "Don't worry about it and enjoy the taste as long as you are here. Of course, if you decided to stay you wouldn't have to worry about this being your last meal~", she whispers.

"You like putting things in a way that makes it sound like this is my last day among the living, don't you?"

"Only the best for my dear friend.", the girl smiles.

After that the four of you fall silent. So that the whole meal doesn't end in absolute awkwardness, Hu Tao speaks up again. "How about... everyone gets to ask (Y/N) a question? You two don't know them so it could help to improve our mutual understanding."

Since nobody appears to have anything against the idea, Chongyun starts. "What is that round thing that follows you? I can't sense any bad energy from it but something about it feels rather... strange. The same goes for you too."

"Well, this little guy here is Rosa, my companion. It is just a Seelie that has been following me around as far as my memories go. I have absolutely no clue what you mean with the strange-part so I can't give you an answer for that."

Xingqiu looks at the brunette. "Shall I go first or would you prefer to follow up?"

"Nah, you go first."