Chapter 52

Beginning next week, I will be on a vacation and won't be able to update for one and a half week. Sorry for that in advance. Love y'all ♡

Additional TW (I already forgot this existed): kidnapping

Not tied up or bruised in any way you follow Kazuha. It isn't as if you genuinely want to play along but more like you are worried by the untold threat that hangs in the air. This and the hope that you are just overinterpreting things. Maybe Kazuha actually only wants to hang out. His way of conveying this is surely strange then but who knows. You don't want to start distrusting people as much as Aether does.

"Kazuha, was that really necessary?"

"I do not think Aether would be all too pleased if I joined you out of the blue."

"Well yeah, but now he will want to kill you once he finds out about this."

"Just tell him you went for a long stroll. There is no harm in leaving out some details."

"That would be a tad out of character. Aether will turn bald from stress if I come and go as I please." You kick a pebble that is next to your feet.

"You and Aether are friends, right? Friends are supposed to give each other some room and to understand boundaries."

"A bit hypocritical of you to say that..."

Your soured mood doesn't go unnoticed by Kazuha. "I really do not mean any harm. Please trust me for now, alright?"

"I will try. Where are we going anyways?"

"To the Alcor." He stops in front of a cliff and stares into the nothingness in front of him.

"And how do you want to get there without making it look suspicious? The ship can't just come here and pick us up."

"Can you sense the wind?"

"Don't tell me we will fly there."

"Why not?"

"I, personally, don't have a wind glider. And even if I did, that would have to be some impressive wind to carry us to a place that is beyond the horizon."

Kazuha offers you his hand. "Do you trust at the very least my perception and strength?"

With a sigh you take his hand. "Here we go again..."

Getting carried through the air is, even in Kazuha's arms, a surprisingly relaxing matter. The wind currents might not be steady but the male's gliding skills make up for it.

Now you are on a ship, far away from Aether and the things you can predict.

Barely do your feet touch the wooden ground, people already gather around you. "Yo captain Beidou, Kazuha and (Y/N) arrived!"

It doesn't take long until Beidou shows up. Her usual laidback smile is absent. "So, you really did... God, I hope this won't bite you in the áss later..." Beidou looks at you and smiles. "Welcome to the Crux fleet yet again! Hope your way here wasn't... too rough."

"Mom, why aren't you doing anything against this..? You know that I am not voluntarily here..." You force a smile on your lips. "It could have been worse."

"Glad to hear that. If you need anythin', I am downstairs in the storage area." Beidou leaves and the rest of the crew resumes doing their previous work.

"Come with me." The white-haired boy signals you to follow him. He leads you to the bow of the ship.

Sitting down next to him you glance at the sea beneath you.

"Are you afraid of falling down?"

"I mean, I am capable of swimming but swimming in so extremely deep water doesn't give me a good feeling... Just imagining what could lurk in the depths gives me creeps.", you shudder.

"Good."

"Hm?"

"Nothing. I was just mumbling to myself."

Since you are still tense - not without a reason - Kazuha goes over to telling short stories and poems to somehow ease your mind. His voice is calm and soothing. Not even the worry in your heart is capable of keeping the doziness at bay. Slowly but steadily your eyes close and thanks to Kazuha's hand that prevents your head from abruptly falling to the side, you fall asleep.

The hobby-poet next to you puts your head on his shoulder and admires your sleeping face. "You are so peaceful once you don't have to deal with the reality around you. If you didn't insist on making your own life harder than necessary, you would be off so much better..." He notices the presence of someone behind him. "Please whisper only. They have fallen asleep only a few seconds ago and I don't want them to wake up so soon."

"How long do you expect them to play along? They don't know your reasoning so I do not believe that this peace here will last forever.", Beidou whispers.

"Not too long. Since we are on a ship surrounded by water they won't just try to run off so, most likely, their biggest hope is you or someone else of the crew. Therefore, would you be so kind and do me a favor?"

"As long as you don't overstep the line, sure. What is it?"

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!